I need a support network!

Options
Hello all, I am new-ish to MFP, and I need a support network! Please add me!

I have been working really hard the past three weeks on this life style change, and things have been going really well! Although I know my starting weight, I am focusing on Non-Scale Victories right now. So positivity only please! Long term, I am aiming to lose about 100 pounds, and probably more once I get there, but I will think about that once its time to do so.

I have always struggled with my weight, and have tried on many occasions to make a change, but once I found myself at almost 300 pounds at 25 years old, I freaked out and had a wake up call. Things must change. So here I am! My husband is wonderful and I love him, but as a 180 pound muscle-bound military man, he eats Doritos and cheeseburgers and everything else and then lose 2 pounds. I need some people in my life who get me, and can help me live with this god-like man and stop deceiving myself that I can eat like him, and nothing will happen.

So I am doing what I need to do to make this happen, and learning to have the patience that I know is essential for success. But I need some battle buddies!

Replies

• Makajo2013
    Makajo2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in -- I need positive support also.... I have been a yo yo dieter forever and want to FINALLY get my act together. We can do this with patience and time... Hang in there. jo
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    sending a request your way:)
  • cinrueshershae
    Options
    Bazzie, I would love to be of some help. I started at 236 and am now down to 175, just hit a plateau and have turned again to MFP for help with that. Just logging my food helps so much. You can do this, the longer you do the easier it gets, so don't give up and don't beat yourself if you slip, it just happens, Just pick yourself up, brush off and start afresh when that happens.
    cinrueshershae
  • debrat61
    Options
    Count me in!! I have struggled with my weight for at least 40 years. I am a 52 yr young nana and wife who wants to be around to enjoy the great grandchildren one day!! I too have over 100 pounds to lose and this time I want to lose it for life! I'm here for you...no negativity. We get that from everday life we don't need any here.
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    If you can handle my crazy attitude and Hunger Games references, I'm happy to support you!
  • Rjohnsonjr32
    Options
    I will be happy to support and motivate!!! You are more than welcome to add me! ;-)
  • msbran77
    msbran77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    U can add me for support!