codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Because of the shark week comment :smile:

517861a9afa96f09940229a3.gif

lol love it I will now call it shark week too
  • ValerieJean
    ValerieJean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Shark week just hit me a week early.. so frustrating, i mean i know it causes weight gain but when it comes earlier than its suppose and surprises you... ugh :-( i honestly thought it was a gain, i calculated it on MFP and then 2 days later SHE got here. so then it all made sense. wondering if she came early due to exercise? hmmmm

signed frustrated lady that just wants to lose those last 5lbs already
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Am I the only woman who looses weight during "shark week"????? *Don't hate me*:flowerforyou:

Seriously I was down a lb from the week before.....

I avoid sodium, drink lots of water, no I do not take anything for bloating and I still exercise regardless...hmmmm

Mind you the weekend before I ate Wendy's poutine, Chicken strips and then had a big huge deep fried seafood platter (not all on the same day mind you but within a weekend)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Always trips me out that this is news to women! :tongue:

Have you never seen a tv commercial for Midol or Pamprin? Meds for cramps and that monthly bloating?? Never noticed your pants fitting a bit tighter during that time??

Yes, gaining weight before and during shark week is totally normal. Expect it. Ignore it! Don't let it mess with your head. The weight will drop back off once Aunt Flo hits the road. Tis only temporary.

Drink plenty of water, avoid high sodium stuff, munch on raw almonds and toss a few dark chocolate chips in with them. Stay off the scale. This too shall pass. Unfortunately it'll happen again next month, but it shall pass again. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: this
  • sing809
    sing809 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Is there a way in MyFitnessPal to make a note of when your period starts so that you can make sense of what the scale is showing during shark week?
  • annanaidoo
    annanaidoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    totally normal! I'm always heavier that week and I tend to stay off the scale (i try as hard as i can but doesn't always work), keep working out, lots of water and it'll all be fine as shark week ends LOL!I love that comment!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Because of the shark week comment :smile:

517861a9afa96f09940229a3.gif

LMAO!!! In for shark week! OP, totally normal
  • ylvak94
    ylvak94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Definitely common. My last TOM my weight was 97.3kg the day before it started, then it went 97.8, 97.9, 97.9, 97.6, 97.3 and then 96.9 on the last day with 96.2 the day after that, and I'm on the pill. Some women lose a few pounds during TOM, other women gain a few pounds. Just hormones messing with us as usual.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Shark week... Love It!! I am in the same boat two... I always get frustrated when the scale is higher than I expect and then a few days later and I have that " ohhhh righhht" moment. I stay off the scale that week as well and work extra hard at the gym just to be on the safe side the next weigh in day