I'm back and sticking to it!

Options
Hey All!
My name is Lauren and this time I am going to stick with it and get this weight off! I'm 26 years old and I have always struggled with my weight. My heaviest was recently 278. I started mfp again(I've tried it a few times but always get off track) and so far I've lost about 6 pounds. I decided this time around I would get more involved and not just use the calorie counter. So here I am! A few days ago I told my friend how much I weighed and she said "we'll that's almost 300 pounds" which really hit me. I've been reading some of the posts on here and they are so inspiring! My total weight loss goal is to lose 100 pounds by this time next year. I hope that I will be able to post my own success story here next year!

Replies

• dk50
    dk50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi...welcome back...I have started several times also and have seen results only to fall back to old habits....this time is different..log in daily and stick to eating healthy and portion control!!! You can do it here to help add me as a friend and post your diary..good luck!!
  • FCVFCVFCV
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

Love the name Lauren btw. The fact of the matter is that in order for you to stick to it it has be a lifestyle change. Just wait till you get to the desired weight you want. You think you will be able to stop? No..because maintaining it is also hard.

There is a word called sacrifice. What are you willing to sacrifice in order to get to where you want to get to? That is a question only you can answer.

Its not going to be easy and its REALLY not going to be easy starting out. You need to keep pushing to the point where it becomes part of your life...and this takes time.

Only you know if you are really willing to sacrifice certain things-some of them fun, enjoyable-in order for you to be at a healthier weight.

You are very young. So the effects of bad health-while there-have not hit you as hard as when you get older.

Right now is the perfect time to do it. So when you are 30 you are as healthy as can be. And yes, it will take that long, dont let anyone lie to you. Again, this is a lifestyle change.

I wish you all the luck in the world..but you gotta bring it, you gotta want it..you and only you. No one else can do it for you or motivate you to get it done.

Its. All. On. You!
  • lfmaciag
    Options
    Thanks for the words or encouragement! I'm totally committed to changing my lifestyle and so far I am feeling really good about the changes I've made.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Do it the RIGHT way while you are young. It will be so wrtgh it, and you can do it!!!!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    *worth
  • ladyjay71
    ladyjay71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren,

FCV hit it right on the money, you are in control and only you can make the changes but it's within you and you'll get there. One day at a time, focus on small changes and don't get frustrated with the obstacle along the way. You are worth it, lots of luck to you!!