any other mommys?

Options
I just started working a month and a half ago. And Ive figured out my workout schedule to be M, W, F wake up to workout before work, but I find I only give half effort. I'm still so dead asleep that by the time i wake up its time to finish and hop in the shower. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my running days. I go to the track and run 2-3 miles and do the bleachers. I know its only 2 days that im actually away from my kids but Im just ready to give up. I'm so overwhelmed with work, working out, and taking care of all the household stuff that I feel stressed out about working out instead of being excited to do it. I wish i was a ball of energy but im not and im having a hard time finding time for every thing. Any suggestions or motivation? Im feeling like giving up and I dont want to because i still want to lose 25 more pounds.

Replies

• daisygeep
    Options
    Hang in there! Making time for yourself to exercise feels like taking time away from the other things at first. Honestly though after a while it just becomes your routine and your whole family will benefit from it.

I felt the same way at first. Now I write a daily to-do list and my planned work out is one of the check off items right along with laundry, pick up milk, etc.
  • crystig
    crystig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Making time for yourself to exercise feels like taking time away from the other things at first. Honestly though after a while it just becomes your routine and your whole family will benefit from it.

I felt the same way at first. Now I write a daily to-do list and my planned work out is one of the check off items right along with laundry, pick up milk, etc.

I completely agree. I used to feel the same way. Being away for work was enough, then taking away from our time even more to exercise seemed selfish. However, after really making it part of my routine, I no longer feel this way and in fact, I truly believe I'm a better mom when I do exercise! I feel better about myself, have more energy, have less aches and pains and I find exercise as a great outlet for all of my work stress or grouchy feelings. I find I have a lot more patience with my boys when I've had my exercise! Now that the boys are a little older, they love to stretch with me at the end of my workout!
  • Smudge_
    Smudge_ Posts: 17
    Options
    im here for the milfs, crystig i approve
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    any other suggestions?