Why am I not losing weight?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisaraige
    Lisaraige Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to start pre-tracking my day. That's awesome advice and then I won't feel pressured to make decisions when I'm hungry. Baby steps for sure.
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Umm...maybe because I consistently go over my daily calories!!! I feel like an idiot. I'm just glad I'm being honest with tracking because now I know why I haven't lost anything. I have to actually create a deficit to see results, who knew?

How did you stay strict and consistent? I'm way too lenient with myself and I then I think I'm doing "good". There's nothing like being in the red for a reality check! I'm determined to end the week below the line!

What keeps me consistent is the daily reminder I give myself of why I originally came here.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you've provided the answer to your question... self determination !! It's up to you..:wink: Good luck.:wink:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Pre-tracking for sure ;)

Though I eat mostly the same things every day for breakfast and snacks during the week. Lunch is normally leftovers from the night before and always under 400 cal. I can look at my day and know instantly how much I have left for dinner and then if I have to go for a walk at noon I do it so that I can eat :P
  • lolsauce
    lolsauce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    wow what a great tip! I'll definitely try that
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I plan my days well in advance. Also helps with creating your grocery list!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Umm...maybe because I consistently go over my daily calories!!! I feel like an idiot. I'm just glad I'm being honest with tracking because now I know why I haven't lost anything. I have to actually create a deficit to see results, who knew?

How did you stay strict and consistent? I'm way too lenient with myself and I then I think I'm doing "good". There's nothing like being in the red for a reality check! I'm determined to end the week below the line!

I go through waves where I'm really consistent at staying within my calories and other times where I'm always 200-300 (or more) over (such as the past 2 weeks!). I find the best way to get back on track is to pre log my foods for the day which is what I used to do when I first started. Even after doing MFP for nearly a year it's still very easy to get lazy and eat over my calorie allowance.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options

This hits close to home. I did good at staying with MFP cal recommendations for a while at 1200/day. Now, I've been binging every day for 2 weeks!!! I just figured my TDEE and set my cals at 1960...striving to net 1500 (ish) a day. That's still 1000 less than maintenance.

I really feel too few cals in allowance makes me binge. Good luck to you...and to myself! lol
  • Allyoopadoop
    Allyoopadoop Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    . I could look back over my days and weeks and see what foods were putting me over, and decide whether or not it was worth it to me to eat that food, or if I could make a better choice, smaller portion, or whatever.

Logging my food has been critical for me. If I can't see the numbers, they are invisible to me. When I log everything I eat, I know what I am putting in my body and then I can make informed decisions.
  • PlayboyMickey81
    Options
    Well the thing for me is not to weigh myself for at least a month because I will probably lose hope in not seeing the scale go down that much. I do cardio 7 times a week and lift weight 5 times a week and it's been a month I'm doing this and I lost 10 lbs already. Of course I wish I lost more but I see it in the mirror that I'm becoming a different person (not personality) haha but look wise and my clothes fit so good now compare to a month ago and people have noticing it also.

As to eating, you can check out my diary if you want to. I stick mostly to chicken 5 times out of the week and the other 2 days. I eat healthy but I let myself eat beef and other treats if I want to. Every person is obviously different but for me, I lost weight the most by counting my daily calories :)
  • Lisaraige
    Lisaraige Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I plan it out, scroll ahead in my diary to the next day and pre enter what ill be eating, that way I know how to space out my meals and see what I can add, or have to subtract. I feel like this is essential for me, seeing it all laid out and is so important for me to keep portions in check. And not gonna lie, I love seeing the "if everyday were like today, you'd weigh x in 5 weeks" go down haha.