What do you like to eat for lunch need suggestions

Options
HI I'm just looking for new suggestions on lunch ideas that taste good not high calorie and can bring with me to work and will keep me full. Thanks for any suggestions

Replies

• sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Salads!
    Stir fry's (are even good cold)
    Quinoa salads
    Healthy sandwiches
    Yogurt and berries
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I bring a healthy sandwich of some sort (no mayo, no oil, none of that "bad" stuff) every day and instead of chips as a side I eat sliced cucumbers or carrot sticks. Fulfills the "crunch" I associate with my sandwich sides! :)
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    My go to lunch:
    - Whole grain sandwich thin with turkey, dijon mustard, baby spinach, tomato
    - 100 g baby carrots
    - 150 g grapes
    - 100 cal chocolate dusted almonds :)

yum! :D
    Also tuna! With low cal mayo and sugar free relish!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm pretty routine.

I pick a protein like fish or chicken + a veggie (beans, sweet potato, asparagus, etc.) + a wheat roll + a side salad

For example:

Chicken Breast
    Baked asparagus and/or half a sweet potato
    Wheat roll
    Side salad

I also add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to my sweet potato for extra protein.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    today I'm having

half a can of tuna
    1 tbsp of real mayo

in another bowl

2 cups green leaf lettuce
    2 hard boiled eggs
    1/2 cup of zuccini
    1/2 bell pepper
    2 tbsp of thousand island dressing
    14g of herb goat cheese (i'm still debating this one, haven't put it in yet)

I also really like cutting up sausage, putting goat cheese and 1 black olive on top of each slice (or do this with zuccini if you don't want sausage)

hummus and veggies with low sodium soup is another favorite

left overs (if my kid doesn't get to them first)
  • rmcnaull
    rmcnaull Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love progresso light soup, just about any flavor. I also add just a little bit of water for some extra volume. I also stumbled across flat out bread and can't get enough of the multi grain with flax seed. I like to add a little pasta sauce, green olives, and mozz cheese and warm it up on a skillet like a pizza. Yum! The wraps are also really good with lettuce, tomato, and deli meats for an on the go lunch. I try to stick around 350-380 cals for lunch so I usually add in a serving of fruit too. This keeps me good to go for hours!
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    Pasta pasta pasta! So filling and tasty. At the moment loving it with 2 field mushrooms fried with 2 bacon rashers (fat cut off) and 90g pasta. As you use no oil or use frylight it is less than 300 cals and it really keeps you full
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the yummy sounding suggestions
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I usually just make extra dinner -- maybe 1-2 servings whenever I cook and have that for lunch...I'm lazy.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I typically alternate between these two things:

Hummus on whole grain pita with spinach, tomato and cucumber
    Veggie burger on 1 slice whole grain bread with veggie toppings