Have not seen SO please share your Flabby Arm Pictures

Options
bnorris2013
bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
I started at 300 lbs and my arms Are bad so I want to see other before/after flabby arm pictures
and the part I am talking about is the part when you spread your arms straight to the side and its the flabby that hangs down under the upper part of your arm

Also what you did to help fix it please

Replies

• gemaudlin
    Options
    That's happened to me! It DOES GET BETTER! I started at 276 pounds and am now down to 180. I don't have any pictures, but my arm flab has significantly decreased! I'll try to take some pics later.

I go to the gym and they have an arm machine. It's called the row machine. Not sure if you go to the gym or not, but that's the machine that works your arm flab like crazy. Also... I do arm dips. I sit in front of the couch and put my arms behind me on the part where the cushions are. Then I do sort of a reverse push up. This exercise works that part of your body too!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would never show my flapjacks unless someone (OP) was willing to show theirs....but it does get better with working out
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    As my arms slowly develop wings, as the fat that filled them to capacity leaves, I am wondering if eventually they will be sufficiently large to enable flight.
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My son calls mine "chicken wings" :(
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I call them my bat wings. They are my nemesis, the last place I'm losing fat, lots of stretch marks, loose skin and annoying. I dislike them, but I think they are slowly getting better and I don't stress about it too much :) I do a lot of tricep and general arm exercises hoping to build some muscle to fill in some of the loose skin, it's working pretty well. I don't have any pictures, but I know after losing 45+- pounds they have shrunk 1.5-2 inches.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST THEM HERE BUT CHECK OUT MY PROFILE. IT SHOWS MY FLAPS BEFORE AND AFTER MY UPPER BODY LIFT. I HAD TO GET THEM DONE :)
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    This is where MFP needs an anonymous function
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started at 300 lbs and my arms Are bad so I want to see other before/after flabby arm pictures
    and the part I am talking about is the part when you spread your arms straight to the side and its the flabby that hangs down under the upper part of your arm

Also what you did to help fix it please

Hi!! No flabby arm pics here...sorry!! Not saying I don't have flabby arms, just no pics!

You should start some strength training to tone those arms! Muscles help to burn fat even while inactive, so get to it! =))
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST THEM HERE BUT CHECK OUT MY PROFILE. IT SHOWS MY FLAPS BEFORE AND AFTER MY UPPER BODY LIFT. I HAD TO GET THEM DONE :)

Amazing weight loss!! Congratulations :) Did you have skin removal surgery on your arms? Your pictures look like you had it around your midsection, but I was wondering about your arms.
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started out at 306lbs and now I am 163. You can see my arms in my profile picture. I was really worried about my arms because they were so huge! Now they are small and toned. I do a lot of upper body strength moves. Mostly planks/pushups. Don't worry too much. You will be surprised at what your body will do.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures but my son loved to play with my flab. He used to play and say "jello pudding" ALL THE TIME"!!! Drove me crazy. So one time my girlfried and I were doing something and I noticed her perfectly shaped arms and asked her how she did it. She told me to do tricep dips while watching TV at night. do not watch TV without doing them. I know, I know you can't spot lose BUT I must say, no more jello pudding!!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures but my son loved to play with my flab. He used to play and say "jello pudding" ALL THE TIME"!!! Drove me crazy. So one time my girlfried and I were doing something and I noticed her perfectly shaped arms and asked her how she did it. She told me to do tricep dips while watching TV at night. do not watch TV without doing them. I know, I know you can't spot lose BUT I must say, no more jello pudding!!!

Awesome! Thanks for posting. I found this:

http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Do-Triceps-Dips-1055754
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I won't show mine either...but you're not alone in your bat wing frustration!! I started around 270 and am not around 158 (goal is 145). Arms have gotten smaller, but the flabby stuff is still there. I'm hoping once I reach my goal and maintain, and keep up with my exercises, that they'll tighten up. If not, I am seriously considering surgery.
  • bobbi_1028
    Options
    I am with you all 100% and I understand I went from 390 lbs. to 355 lbs. and mine sags so bad ugh,
    and I did measure mine before I started my challenge by NYE...and so I will measure myself again,
    on NYE...and I am hoping that it does go down as well..it makes me sick everyday seeing these wings.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I still have 'em, but this last weekend I saw the effects of lifting starting to pay off. Sleeveless shirt pics show that while my arms are still big, they are starting to look more strong than flabby, definition is coming through, and it feels good. I don't think simply losing weight would have given me those results, lifting and toning is the key.
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 303 lbs to 163 pounds in a year and a half's time. My arms have always been flabby, but since I have lost so much weight, the flab has become FLAPS. It really is like I have wings. I do lots of strength training, and honestly I could do more arm work. I can see the definition in my arms. I have bicep and tricep muscles that show, then I have a flap hanging below. It is very embarrassing, especially when I teach Zumba and have to wave my arms around. HOWEVER I try to remember that the reason they are that way is because I have lost so much weight and that's something to be proud of. I hate looking at them, but I try not to show any embarrassment because I don't want people who are doing what I am to believe it is something to be ashamed of. I imagine it's better than having the arms full of fat like they were.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    LIFT

DONT LISTEN TO ANY IDIOT TELLING YOU THAT LIFTING IS BAD FOR WOMEN

LIFT

LIFT

LIFT
  • Jenn_lynn330
    Options
    LIFT

DONT LISTEN TO ANY IDIOT TELLING YOU THAT LIFTING IS BAD FOR WOMEN

LIFT

LIFT

LIFT

THANK YOU! I got tired of "idiots" telling me this and had to do some research of my own.
    For the ladies-- http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm
    I am no where near where the ladies are on that web site but im feeling great about my results.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on your age, with respect to how arms react to bat wings. I too am keeping my bat wings. To remind me where I have been and what could happen if I gain it back. A tummy tuck is in my future, but not an arm lift. Wvwery one who said work those arms, muscle under extra skin is much better than no muscle and pure flab
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Lift (heavy) weights and lose weight very slowly so your skin has a chance to catch up to your weight loss. If you lose it rapidly, you risk having excess saggy skin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!