HELP! Feeling Hungry...

Options
2»

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    And don't make them just any old calories. Your hunger has become insatiable because you are starving for nutrients, not just calories. You're leaving 4-700 calories on the table. I could eat a high fiber tortilla with a lot of chicken breast and fat-free cheese, a serving of strawberries, a serving of cucumber salad, and a pudding cup easily with that budget. In other words, an entire balanced full meal.

Eat.

Fat free cheese tastes like plastic.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary. You're not eating enough.
    This. Anyone would be hungry eating 1000 calories a day (sometimes less). Eat more, you'll lose weight still and feel better!
  • lizziecheek
    lizziecheek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great that should really help. The body goes into starvation mode if you eat too few calories and main goal is for you to survive so your body holds onto weight to keep you alive. It is life or death at this point. Goal is to eat as many calories as you can and meet weight loss goals. 1,600+ should work. Hope you do well with change!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Hi All...
    I started this "lifestyle change" almost 3 months ago. The first 2-3 weeks were tough. I was feeling hungry at night and everything that goes with it. Well, within a month, it was no problem. It felt like I had been doing this all my life and I felt good. Well, lately I have been having a problem. Within the last week or so, I have been feeling super hungry and NOTHING seems to "fill me" anymore. I haven't quite given in to the temptation. I try not to eat prior to 2-4 hours before bedtime but I have eaten a small snack lately before bed. (usually a couple of crackers or pretzels)
    My question is... I am constantly hungry and am feeling bloated A LOT!!! I'm not full of gas, on my menstrual cycle, or pregnant. What could it be from? Is my body changing and I need MORE calories now? I'm confused! HELP!

After looking at your diary it's no wonder you're hungry, your net calories are too low, you need to eat more. In addition to that, you eat too many carbs and not enough protein. Protein will keep you feeling full longer, and carbs will make you crave more carbs, make you feel hungry quicker, and will make you feel bloated. You also don't drink enough water.

Rigger
  • Jordanad79
    Options
    As others have said, you're constantly hungry because you're not eating enough. Eat more AND eat more protein.