Cinnamon water to aid weight loss

Options
has anyone heard of using cinnamon water ( water boiled with a few cinnamon sticks) to aid weight loss. I have been using it for the past few days and i think it is helping me regulate my hunger. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried it...A friend of mine recommended it. she attributes majority of her weight loss to it....altho she said she was calorie conscious too. what do u say, guys!!

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    No, just no. No magic potion for weight loss. If drinking cinnamon flavored water did the trick, wouldn't cinnamon rolls do it too? Calories in<calories out. That is the magic equation.

Rigger
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon tastes good, but does nothing for weight loss.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If you like it, and it helps you meet your water goal, go for it. But don't expect it to be a miracle cure, any more than regular water/lemon juice/vinegar is.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    she attributes majority of her weight loss to it....altho she said she was calorie conscious too.
    I say it was being calorie conscious that has helped her lose, not cinnamon water.

Water is great, I drink it all day long - cinnamon is great, I put it in my oatmeal, but there's no magic combo of the two that aid in weight loss.

Eat well, drink water, exercise, get good rest, have patience, repeat. :bigsmile:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have read that cinnamon (no, don't have links handy) does something about stabilizing blood sugar levels/spikes and that an amount as little as 1/4 teaspoon each day is good for overall health. There isn't anything really magic about it, and I don't think it does anything to make you lose weight. I figure if you like cinnamon (say in oatmeal, etc) then eat it, but eat it because you enjoy it.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It won't make you lose fat. Consuming less calories than your body uses is the only way to lose.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is yummy and a lot of people say it has health benefits, but speeding up or easing weight loss isn't one of them.
  • mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/cinnamon-herbal-remedies.htm

Cinnamon has lots of wonderful uses. But, you need to buy the good stuff, not a cheap bottle of ground cinnamon from your grocery spice isle.

Does it help satisfy cravings and therefore curb appetite? I don't know. I have read it does and I have read it doesn't. Depends on what website you google.

I love to put it in my water and my coffee. :)
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I guess it's like having a cup of tea (no milk/sugar) - having something warm in my stomach can help with the hunger! [hot water with a slice of lemon can help too]
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I use cinnamon in my herbal remedies for colds, illness, lung illness. I do not use it for weight loss.