Help, Im stupid, LOL

Options
if I have sirloin chops and the package weighs 1.66 lbs, and each chop is about the same size, how much does just one chop weigh and how did you figure it out, LOL!!

I took and divided 1.66 by 4(4 chops)and get .4 something. I'm corn'fused;) Denise

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Multiply 16 (amount of ounces in a pound) by the .4 something, and the number you get will be the approximate wright in ounces for each chop.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    6.64 oz per chop is what I come up with.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you did it correctly.

just ignore the decimals and divide like you would normally, then out the decimals back into your answer.

166 / 4 = approx 41, put back in the decimals and you get .41

so each chop is just under a half a pound. call it 6 ounces and you'll be pretty close.
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    6.4 oz each if there are 4 equal sized chops in the pack... I used a web site that does the conversion for you.
  • Squash97
    Options
    You're NOT stupid! :) Sounds like you did it right. You want to take the total weight, divide it by the number of chops, and that will give you the total weight of each chop (respectively) if they are each approx. the same size. It sounds like they are close to 1/2 pound each. Exactly= 0.415 lbs... :) Now, the difficult part... do they have the bone in?
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You are correct .415 of a pound. Now you get to have fun converting that to ounces I'm assuming, lol. I can do it, but I always have to look it up. Let me know if you need help. :)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You're not stupid just stuck. :)

.4 is the answer- that's .4 pounds. If you're looking for oz there are 16 oz in a pound so you'd multiply by .4 to get the weight in oz.
    .4 x 16 = 6.4 oz

Hope that helps!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Multiply 16 (amount of ounces in a pound) by the .4 something, and the number you get will be the approximate wright in ounces for each chop.

Oh duh, thank you darlin, so appreciate your help!!!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    if I have sirloin chops and the package weighs 1.66 lbs, and each chop is about the same size, how much does just one chop weigh and how did you figure it out, LOL!!

I took and divided 1.66 by 4(4 chops)and get .4 something. I'm corn'fused;) Denise

1 lb. is 16 oz, so you have to multiply 1.66 times 16. which equals 26.56. Then you can divide by the number of sirloin chops in the package to "estimate" the weight of one chop. A better way, though, is to get a food scale and weigh it because they can vary from chop to chop.
    ckie
    Vi
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I LOVE THIS SITE, THE PEEPS ON IT!!! Thank you all so much;) See you later;) Denise
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    For those of us old schoolers.....

1.66 lb = 26.56 oz (16oz per pound ....1.66 x 16)

26.56 divided by 4 = 6.64 oz each chop

You were probably just dizzy and confused because you were hungry for chops!
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    LOL! You got it right;) Thank you, I like those "old schoolers" since I am one:) Thank you much, Denise:)
    For those of us old schoolers.....

1.66 lb = 26.56 oz (16oz per pound ....1.66 x 16)

26.56 divided by 4 = 6.64 oz each chop

You were probably just dizzy and confused because you were hungry for chops!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    For the mathematically disinclined (i.e. me): get a food scale...solves the whole problem!
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Instead of worrying about math, I would recommend that you get a digital food scale. I live in the UK where recipes are done by weight rather than volume, so I have to have a scale. I use it to weigh food portions all the time.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Maths makes my head spin - I use my trusty scale for everything I put in my mouth these days:happy: