Is it breakfast? Is it snack? Is it dessert?

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
So I am pretty sure that you have all seen this recipe by now, whether posted on facebook, seen on pinterest or read on a blog.
I am not sure what you would call it other a Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal "Cookie". I have seen different versions of this recipe but this is what I did.

I took one small-medium banana and put it in the electric mixer and whipped it until it was "mush". Then I added 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1/2 cup of quick oats and mixed until well combined. Y'all I about slaved over this recipe, maybe a whole 2 minutes of the mixer mixing ;)

I took a tablespoon and scooped at 6 cookies. I placed these on a pizza stone and baked at 350 for about 15 minutes. If you don't have a pizza stone, I would use a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.

The whole recipe was 300 calories, so 50 calories a cookie. I think this would be a great breakfast to take on the go. I think next time I will add about 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts or pecans and 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips for added sweetness.

Replies

• NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it with peanut butter before but I have made it with choc chips and some cinnamon. They smelled and tasted amazing, particularly right out of the oven. As soon as my bananas are ripe, I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks for sharing this :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I would consider it a breakfast bar,or a snack. But I add protein powder to mine.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just made these and added craisins and almonds .They are awesome.
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have not seen this yet, I am going to try it though. I even have a couple bananas in the freezer. I would consider it dessert, but sounds like a good breakfast bar too.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    What about using PB2 instead on peanut butter?
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I make these often, use half the recipe and eat it as lunch.
  • _DreDay_
    _DreDay_ Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • gail200186
    gail200186 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to give that a try!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    It is... peanut butter and oats mushed with a banana.

I prefer eggs. For all three.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Call it what you want - it sounds delicious!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    mush yummers....