been told I should try FitBit

Options
Okay I use Runkeeper (with Fitoracy linked to it) to help out tracking my exercise with MFP, been talking to a friend about how to honestly track my progress for strength training, out of no where she suggested Fitbit... I check out their site and it seems to me you need a special bracelet to be with you all the time. Do I really need this.. Personally I like Runkeeper because I walk A LOT... I just want something to track my progress with strength training a bit more detailed than MFP and Runkeeper.

Replies

• tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the zip fitbit...it's just a small little thing that you can clip onto your bra, you don't notice it at all. That one does not track your sleep like I think the bracelet does. I love how it syncs with my phone and mfpal :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fitbit won't help with strength training unfortunately. I don't think there's anything that does it all yet (bodymedia maybe?). I use my fitbit for my daily activity, but I know I can add 200 calories when I do bodypump, for example. Fitbit will tell you how many calories you've burned from walking and running, that's pretty much it (I still love mine!).
  • griffith5150
    Options
    Fitbit won't help with strength training unfortunately. I don't think there's anything that does it all yet (bodymedia maybe?). I use my fitbit for my daily activity, but I know I can add 200 calories when I do bodypump, for example. Fitbit will tell you how many calories you've burned from walking and running, that's pretty much it (I still love mine!).

Okay thanks so fitbit won' work for strength training but for walk its good :) Thanks for the tip! :)