Looking for some UK Friends 4 support

Options
Hello, my name is Wendy, Im 49 years old and I’m hoping to lose around 37lb. I’ve tried lots of different diets including Weight watchers and Slimming world classes with yo yo results, but I have to say: I find it harder to lose weight now as I’ve gotten older, also it don’t help that im only 5ft tall!

My daughter Claire (user name: noble1987) has been using this web site for the last few months and has successfully lost 11lbs so far, along with learning a better knowledge of living a healthy life style in general. Now she swears by it and has encouraged me to give it a go! :tongue:

I’m looking to become friends a few more people of similar age who can provide me backing support, tips and general encouragement to keep me on the horses back!

Please add me as a friend, I’d love to hear from you.

Thanks a lot

Wendy (mummykin) x :heart:
mum of Claire (noble1987)

Replies

• Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hi Wendy good luck on your journey i'll send you a friends request i'm in Hampshire
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hi there...good luck with your journey..:happy:
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi best of luck with it!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm not the same age as you (I'm 31) but I'll send you a friend request. Your daughter is already one of my 'friends' (in the online sense). This is a great site, you'll do just fine on here :-)
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HI Wendy

Welcome aboard! this site is amazing and everyone is very friendly. I'm also 5ft so I know that every pound matters. I'll add you as a friend.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

You will find so much support here xxx
  • beth2411
    beth2411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi, Wendywill send you friend request. GOOD LUCK
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Wendy, I live in the East MIdlands and I'm about your age (and height!).
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm in Cambridgeshire and also friends with Clare x
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi there,i'm a u. k er!
    in the wiltshire area,looks like theres a few of us on here,well give me a shout if you need ANYTHING! help moral support,recipies(healthy only sorry)!!
    or any problems you may be having i have lost a fair bit so far and am still loosing so i have the answer to you questions!! lol
  • noble1987
    Options
    Yay!

Thanks everyone ;) x
  • wendytobin
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I live Ringwood, hampshire, i will add you as a friend

good luck

wendy
  • frenchie3579
    frenchie3579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - I can relate to alot of what you said. I'm also new to MFP - lets support each other xx