Favorite workout dvd

Options
Since I am new to this exercising stuff and I want to really put all my effort in to getting healthy. I need to take baby steps and for right now that means taking walks with my family and working out at home in private. I am too self conscious to go to a gym or exercise class.

What are some of your favorite workout programs? Dvd programs? Instructors?

I am looking for beginner dvds and some intermediate ones. Not looking for the insanity workout just yet but in time I will be up to the challenge ;D

Replies

• TaraJx4
    TaraJx4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video right now, and love it. It really kicks my butt. I also really like Billy Blanks Tae Bo videos, as well as Charlene's Turbo Jam videos.
  • jamiemcdonald1
    Options
    I love everything from Jillian Michaels and www.momsintofitness.com
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I really like the Billy Blanks JR workouts his are dance fitness type ones where his dads are more martial arts workout type ones. especially the Dance Party Bootcamp one gives you a really good workout and he has a very upbeat positive personality and keeps you laughing the whole time. I like the Billy Blanks SR ones too the Tae Bo and the Bootcamp ones. I really am liking Kettlenetics with Michelle Khai, and Jari Love is hardcore she will kick your butt but her workouts all are super great every one of them that I have tried are a good challenging workout. Crunch has some pretty good workouts lately have been really liking the Crunch Total Resculpt with Kendall Hogan one cuz its a very good full body workout in only 45 minutes if you are crunched for time. Madonna Grimes has the best Ab one I have tried yet Called Sexy Fit Abs you can get off her personal website and she is an absolute sweetheart too if you ever meet her. Jackie Warner has some pretty good ones too, have only tried one of her ones from the Netflix DVD service I like to try them out there and then buy them on amazon if I like them but wanna try more of her workouts. if you like Gospel Music the Sweatin in the Spirit workouts are really fun with Donna Richardson Joyner they have great music like Kirk Franklin,etc on them. And just recently tried a Mel B Totally fit workout one and that one has a really good variety of full body workout stuff on it more for beginner-intermediate but is a very good workout.
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    JARI LOVE has great DVDs. She has a bunch of different ones to choose from and for great prices! Her DVDs are fun, motivating, have a ton of real life success stories and are great workouts. If you google "Jari Love" you will find her site and can even preview the DVDs. They are all easy home workouts that you don't need a lot of equipment for. ;)
    GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Body Wisdom Yoga DVDs :)
  • girlfd
    girlfd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! Keep em coming! I have some jillian michaels that I will try when I have increased my fitness level a little bit more. Time is an issue. I think I can swing a 45 minute workout if I plan out my meals for the week ahead of time
  • Housetroll
    Housetroll Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You might try some YouTube videos that provide full workouts. There are a lot of different "channels" that have great videos for free. BeFit, LiveStrongWoman and so many more. That might help you get an idea of what you like and which instructors you like best. Then you can go out and buy their DVDs if you want something more in depth.

I do a few of them a week, but have also been doing Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 (another great DVD) and it is kicking my butt. I also have some Jackie Warner videos that are pretty good too. :flowerforyou:
  • GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Power Walk was my first DVD in my library and started my weight loss journey
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    The Butt Bible, by Pauline Nordin is a 6 week toning workout that will shape your WHOLE body, not just your butt! There are 3 levels of kickass, circuit-style butt workouts, covering all levels of intensity. Each workout is designed to efficiently create lean muscle, build cardio endurance and burn fat and calories. These workouts are made for everyone, from hardcore athletes to everyday people with aspirations of having an amazing backside.

Level 1: Upper body & lower body are 20 minutes each
    Level 2: Upper body & lower body are 30 minutes each
    Level 3: Upper body & lower body are 40 minutes each

Workout DVD's can be purchased online at www.amazon.com OR are available for free on YouTube.
  • caitlynah12
    Options
    For the ladies looking at the thread, I really like Tone It Up- Beach Babe. ;)
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind looking crazy/goofy, Hip Hop Abs is fun and a great beginner exercise! I am starting all over again and Hip Hop Abs is challenging but not so much that I quit. I also want to try Jillian Michaels videos after I get a hang of exercise again.
  • edowns88
    edowns88 Posts: 15
    Options
    Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme have definitely become my favorite!! I've done a lot of "The Firm" videos and they may be a good place to start, though you will outgrow them fast.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Rockin Body- Shaun T
    its part of the Hip Hop Abs its great...I actually got a whole new set as a gift because its on sale lol
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" - a full body, heart pumping 50 min circuit training routine.
  • lovetotravel04
    lovetotravel04 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LESLIE SANSONE--great for beginning and intermediate. ...And you sweat....
    She's positive and makes you feel glad you exercised.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I love it! I have also done the 30 day shred.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    On YouTube, I LOVE realfit.tv. Dana Lee is the instructor for a lot of them and she is great! You will get a really good workout. I like Kathy Smith step aerobics, I have a lot of her DVDs. The clothing is quite out dated but the workouts are wonderful. I also have most of Jillian Michael's DVDs, I really like her also but I get a tad bored after a while so I have to mix it up with the other ones.
  • Hlasweet
    Hlasweet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! She really can get the heart rate going and I love how she incorporates other movement into her walks. Her DVDs are great for beginners.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    Thank you, tagged for further reference!