Please can I have your help/support?

Options
Hi,

I could really do with some help and support.

I'm based in the UK and I joined a slimming club a few months ago and I've done really well. I have lost 2.5 stones and now weigh 18 stone 5 lbs (I'm female and am 5' 6").

The thing is, I've been a member of a gym since February but I've only been twice, when I first joined, because I injured my knee on the bike. This was in the gym show round by a member of staff, so I've been nervous of going back.

I know it's silly, but part of me worries that I'm too fat to go back to the gym.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to go swimming.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm so nervous of going back to the gym after injuring myself last time and worry that if I do go into an exercise class I'll be laughed at or people will stare at me if I can't do the exercises.

Thanks

Replies

• Hlasweet
    Hlasweet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    First, please feel free to add me.

I think people need to stop being so concerned about what everyone thinks of them. You are choosing to make a positive choice and change by going to the gym so do it!

Never, ever, let anyone stop you in what you want. People who judge others have their own issues. So don't own their issues, do you and just let it flow!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Everyone started somewhere. Those skinny people at the gym you think are judging you may have been obese when they started. Don't worry about what others think - personally in any classes I go to I'm too busy trying to get the moves right myself I don't have time to look at what others are doing unless I'm trying to copy the person who looks like they know what they're doing.

Get in there! Look how great you've done with slimming club - now imagine how much better you'd feel if you did the gym too! You can do this!
  • mancunianpoodle
    mancunianpoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks for your encouragement.

I went to the gym today and joined in with a water aerobics class. It was good fun and I managed to do ten lengths beforehand too!

On my way out I had a word with the gym recetionist and she has booked me in at the gym for next Friday so one of the instructors can show me some of the equipment. She also told me a couple of classes which are not as intense to try out.

So thanks for your support.

I feel so much better for having exercised today :)