Feeling weak

Options
Hello,
I just started my weightloss journey this week.During the day I find myself horribly tempted to just give in and eat high calorie processed foods my husband eats.My husband is not supportive if me trying to lose weight at all.

I'm just feeling so discouraged and weak.

What helps you keep pushing through when you feel like turning back to old and unhealthy eating habits?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Looking at myself in the mirror. But when I started I was sick of fatty and unhealthy foods and disgusted with myself, so that was pretty strong motivation.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My husband tries to be supportive, but complains about healthy food, and loves when I give in and eat crap. I usually end up freaking out about things, especially when the no longer fit.

14877786.png
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on your husband and motivation then. Why would you? Its your weight loss journey not his.

If you want to do it, you'll do it.

If you don't, you won't.

Stop looking for excuses to not do it, and find your reasons to succeed.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If I don't start my morning out right, I am always find it much harder to resist the 'easy' stuff. So here's my recipe for success.. so far, every morning I start out like this ends up with some pretty awesome food and exercise choices throughout the day.

A Blender

High-quality cup of freshly brewed, hot coffee
    2 raw eggs
    1 tablespoon of coconut milk or coconut oil
    however much cinnamon I want

A really big coffee cup

Everything goes in the blender for about 10-15 seconds on medium or high, then into the really big coffee cup, then you can drink it shortly after!

The eggs and the coconut bring down the temp of the coffee to pretty much drinkability. When I drink this coffee in the morning, I feel ready to have an awesome day, make the right choices, and my hair always looks hotter because I have more time to get ready :-)
  • callandert
    callandert Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own motivators and reasons for their journey. For me, once I started exercising...I was motivated to eat healthier. Why would I binge or eat unhealthy food when I just worked my butt off for over an hour exercising?

This is what keeps me going :)

Like Ritchiebulk says...if you want to do it...you'll do it! Best of luck!
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The scale and the baggy clothes keep me going :) My husband loves to cook.... problem is he is unable to make a meal for under 1000 calories. I will usually make him tweek it a bit for me. For instance the other night he made ribs, fried potato wedges, and peas. I had a small lean portion of the meat with very little sauce, had my potato wedges boiled instead of deep fried, and a larger portion of the peas. It still looked and tasted similar to what everyone else had but at about half the calories.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You need to pre plan your meals. Have a plan before poor options become your only options, have the right snacks and meals in the fridge before this happens.
  • ppoplawski
    ppoplawski Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You need to turn it around and not be supportive of his poor eating habits. Make your own food and watch the weight fall. You won't care what he has to say.
  • puffypaula
    puffypaula Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My motivation & the reason I started using MFP is a headless photo of myself. (My daughter posted a photo of me pushing our grandson on a swing & my head is cut off in the picture) Something about seeing that faceless 'fat' lady sent me into some major changes. On April 1st of this year, I began counting calories & walking. I have never liked exercise & have never been able to stick with it, but I CAN WALK!! I am getting ready to turn 50 soon & needed to shed 30 lbs. I'm almost there & MFP makes it so easy that if I have to do this forever to maintain a healthy weight I am okay with that!

Good luck & just keep going! :)
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You have some excellent advice here. Do start out your day with some protein so you are full. Plan ahead. Don't make everything off limits but do learn portion control. I found having more protein keeps me full longer and I have cut way back on sugar. It makes you hungry! I never say I can't have something, just that I don't want it now. If you feel out of control,just try logging everything you eat without changing a thing. That will help you see just what you are eating and you can make simple changes. Do not starve yourself. My DH is a skinny guy who cooks all our dinners and bakes. I have what I can of his meals and add my own food. I make sure I have a snack that won't derail me instead of sitting there steaming. It took time, but my husband is catching on and is more helpful.you can do this. It even gets easier with practice.