Knee pain

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has ever had the sensation that they need to pop/crack their knee constantly, but can't do it. A few days ago I started having pain in my left knee and with the pain came the feeling that I needed to crack it (kind of like knuckles...), but I can't do it. I am doing Les Mills Combat, some weight training and walking/light jogging on the treadmill....I am not sure if I tried kicking too hard doing combat or what...I walked and then jogged on the treadmill today and at first it really hurt, but then eventually the pain stopped and I had a nice jog. Now the pain is back again....should I just keep pushing through it?
Christine

Replies

• jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've had knee pain twice in the past few months. The first time my knee hurt for 2 days and I couldn't straighten it fully. No clue what caused it because I was on vacation just chilling at my family's house. One morning it hurt then 2 days later I woke up like nothing had ever been wrong with it.
    The second time lasted 3 days and I think it was from my workouts on the exercise bike at the gym. When it was sore and I couldn't straighten it fully or bend it too far, I still made myself try to walk around some just to keep it from getting worse. That time I ended up buying an elastic knee brace at Target and after a couple hours wearing that, my knee started to feel better. I took the brace to work with me, just in case, but it didn't bother me enough to need to wear it.

Try getting an elastic brace. Mine is neoprene type material and compresses my knee enough to reduce the pain to a tolerable level. Don't push too hard though or you might make any issue worse!