Yogi appetite suppressant tea

Options
Good morning.

So last night we went grocery shopping and I was checking out the teas.....I'm normally not a tea drinker but I've become a fan of hot tea because I'm always flippin' freezing at work (I keep telling myself to NOT add quite so much ice in my water bottle but it never works.... I love ice cold water too much :-).

Anyway, I was perusing the tea aisle and found this Yogi "Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life" tea that is supposed to "energize and help suppress appetite". I struggle with stress/emotional eating....not so much a late night snacker (I'm at home, I have my honey and my dog to help me de-stress) but a HUGE grazer/snacker at work (the cause of my stress/emotional distress). So, I bought it hoping it might curb my appetite.

Has anyone tried this or any other similar product? I was on the HCGC diet for a minute and I noticed they recommended the Yerba mate appetite suppressant tea.

I was just wondering if these types of products work. I'm willing to try anything! If nothing else, it will help me thaw out (well, that and my blanket & sweater keep me warm).

Thanks!

Replies

• Allieballie
    Allieballie Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm curious as well. I drink oolong tea, not for any sort of appetite suppressant properties, but it has similar benefits as green tea, and I really can't stand the taste of green tea. (I've tried, really, I've tried) I'd eat a urinal cake if it would help me curb my appetite.

Really, I wouldn't. :P
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Bump. Curious to see what those that have tasted it say. :smile:
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The urinal cake or the tea lol.......
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Urinal cake. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ewwww!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    oh i am curious to know too, I hear all these things about other teas but you usually gotta order online, I'd much rather be able to buy locally and have then instead of wait for shipping.
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    here's a post from the net
    "I’m a huge fan of herbal teas. I think they’re great to settle you down for the evening, perk you up for the day, or warm your bones when it’s chilly out. Really, I’ll take just about any excuse I can for a cup of great tasting herbal tea. That being said, it does have to taste great.
    I recently tried Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life. I didn’t necessarily desire the appetite suppressant, but then again, I wasn’t really against it. I did absolutely desire the energy boost of green tea. The problem I find with green teas is they are often to bitter for my taste – I have an enormous sweet tooth. That’s why I look for green teas blended with fruit flavors. This tea is delightful. The taste is sweet it enough that I don’t have to add honey (I never add milk or sugar to my teas), but it wasn’t overpowering by any means. Some teas will add stevia which I think is simply too much, but again, this one was just the right sweetness.
    To make it even better, this is an organic tea. Sadly that does mean a higher price, but considering I can find cups of coffee that are more expensive than the whole box, I’m okay with that too. As far as the appetite suppressant goes, I can’t really say I noticed much difference, and the energy was equal to that of any green tea, which works for me. "
  • alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi;
    I and a friend at work, we started drinking this tea about two weeks ago. It's too early to say that it helped me lose any weight but one thing is for sure, my appetite is suppressed for after drinking this. I try to drink two cups, one around noon, so it is an hour before my lunch and second around 3-4 pm, it also keeps me energized to hit the gym and get home around 8 without crazy hunger pangs.
    I also like the blueberry taste, which really gives it an amazing taste, unlike other green teas which make me nauseated.
  • fit_msfierce
    Options
    Every since I have been drinking the Tea I have slimmed down tremendously it's amazing I drink it twice a day with lemon
  • mama2cam
    mama2cam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Curious