Is 130.6 pounds normal for me?

Options
I lost 43.4 pounds in the last year. I am a female 5'3" in height and age 36. Please tell me if I can stop losing weight now. If no, how much more do you think I should lose?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    That is a question only you can answer. There is no "normal". There is only the level of fitness that you are happy at.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well that is a question that only you can answer. Health wise your weight is just fine. but how do you feel about your weight? Personally I am the exact same as you but I still have the weight to lose. I think I would be really happy at that weight. I have mine set for 120 but 130 is the weight I am really aiming for where I will be confident to get my tummy tuck. Really what it comes down to is how do you feel at your current weight not what me or anybody else out there thinks about you.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you like and want.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are in the healthy weight range for your height. (BMI 23.1) So it depends on your goals, but the generic answer for health is yes.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 also. I weigh 123lbs. I still have a lot of fat on my midsection, so I'm working to drop my body fat percentage.

Are you happy with your body right now? Do you WANT to stop losing weight? Only you can make that determination.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    The numbers themselves don't really matter. If you look good naked, and you're functional and healthy and happy, then you're at an acceptable weight.
  • mmouse90
    mmouse90 Posts: 83
    Options
    Yes you are at a healthy weight for someone our height.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    for most of my adult life I was 5'3 (5' 2.5" if you want to go by the doctors office) and 126. I wanted to be 115. It was a constant struggle to get below 126 though. if I ate a normal and natural diet for me that's always where I leveled out. for my body that's where it wants to be. 115 was my vanity weight. I'd land 115 and stick it for a few months here and there but I had to really work for it. I think my low weight was 108.

YMMV. after five years of being massively above my normal weight I'd love to have 126 back and that's my current goal.
  • iqbalkaurthin
    iqbalkaurthin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As per BMI you are in healthy range (23.18 BMI). I would, personally, recommend that you focus on fitness - build muscle, reduce fat% - instead of focusing on just one metric of weight.
  • skinny_baby
    skinny_baby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.