Working Out + Reduced Calories = Gaining Weight?

Options
I have been working out and eating about 1200 calories a day for a week now and the scale is going the wrong direction! It keeps going up slowly but surely.
Im not doing much in the way of weights, just squats and lunges and my cardio is running, swimming or aerobics.
What am I doing wrong?!!

Replies

• babyblessing
    Options
    I have been working out and eating about 1200 calories a day for a week now and the scale is going the wrong direction! It keeps going up slowly but surely.
    Im not doing much in the way of weights, just squats and lunges and my cardio is running, swimming or aerobics.
    What am I doing wrong?!!
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not to get too personal, but have you been regular this week? Changing eating habits can have a tendency to, ahem, cause things to get backed up ... if you know what I mean?!

Also if you have been trying to eat foods that add more bulk and less calories you could be carrying around more weight in your digestive system even though you are losing weight in other areas.

Most of the time over a couple day period I'll feel like I am doing really well, eating less than my required calories, getting in a little exercise, and yet the scale goes up day after day. Eventually things get back on track.

Sometimes I think weighing myself daily does more harm than good!
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Double post again?
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options