Recommitting to my health! Need friends and supporters!

Options
Hello. My story in a nutshell:
1.pudgy child
2.started dancing
3.teenage ballerina @14
4.was really skinny
5.restricted food
6.stopped dancing @16.injury related.
7.started to gain weight b/c I didn't feel pressure to be tiny anymore
8.Ive kept gaining (nearly 30lbs????????) and I've developed some bad eating habits(binging, overeating, bad sweet tooth)
9.family history of obesity
10.I've tried many different diets and exercise activities, all of which I eventually quit
11.Improved eating and exercising this January and lost 10 pounds, but then I went to Disney and it all went capoot .
12.For the past week I've had this FIRE INSIDE OF ME to get back to being the skinny bit** I want to be so here I am jumping back on the band wagon!!

Thanks for reading, I'm wanting to lose about 30 pounds, hoping to get down to a size 4 by spring 2014 for my Senior trip!! I'm going on a tour around Europe for two weeks! Anyway, I used to use LoseIt!, but this one seems to have a better support system, and well obviously LoseIt! Just wasn't working for me! So wish me luck, and I can't wait to report back my results along the way!

Ps. I have a love of healthy foods, it's just a struggle of keeping them is the house(I'm not the one who shops) and fixing the food for myself. Sometimes it's just easier to make a pb&j or some eggo waffles instead of a salad and fresh couscous! Hahaha enough excuses, I need to start planning my week!

Replies

• gutbegone30DS
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ella I'm 22 and I'm trying to lose 50lbs. I've been a dancer since I was 6, became a cheerleader in middle and high school
    got chunky after I graduated... got pregnant.. now im VERY overweight.. I'm only 5'0 so that's alot to lose. But! I'm dancing again (been dancing every day for atleast an hour for the past 2 weeks now - mixed between hip hop and belly dancing) :) and doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred (started today). I'm eating clean and not drinking soda, just water. We'll see where it goes :)

I wrote a blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gutbegone30DS/view/30-day-shred-i-m-fat-i-puked-so-what-i-m-working-on-it-566399

feel free to add me, i'm new here and would really love to make friends on here (for support and inspiration) :)
  • sunilraj1
    Options
    Hi All,

I recently joined MFP.... i have athletic figure but would like to lean down to model figure.......

I'm still tweaking my diet and follow around 2000 calories diet/day..... as recommended by MFP.....

Feel free to add me.... thanks.......
  • mego365
    mego365 Posts: 16
    Options
    i'm new here and would really love to make friends on here (for support and inspiration) :)

Hi! Sounds like we have a good bit in common!(except mine isn't baby weight, I've just been lazy and irresponsible) I'm really excited to start this journey, and congrats to you for being proactive and starting a program yourself! I'm still figuring out this website and all this thread/post/forum stuff, and I just got the app. It seems very handy and similar to the LoseIt one I used to use, only with more options and info. Anyways, YaY for us!!!
  • gutbegone30DS
    Options
    just message me if you have any questions. I'm literally just a day old on this site and still tryna figure out some stuff... we can figure it out together lol. Look into the 30 day shred by Jillian there are videos of it on youtube definitely an *kitten* kicker especially if you haven't exercised in a while. :)

Good luck to us! :)