PCOS @ INFERTILITY

Options
LOOKING FOR FRIENDS WITH THE SAME ISSUES I HAVE ANYONE HAVEING TROUBLE CONCEIVING DUE TO THERE WEIGHT!!!!!!!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I dont' have the same issue, but I had Infertility and love helping people struggling with weight, as I battle my own. If you'd like to add, thats great.... If you'd prefer the same situation, thats cool. I'd love to follow your post.
    :happy:

Infertility Sucks! :mad: :cry: :brokenheart:
  • carriedeweese1
    carriedeweese1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep. PCOS here :( Trying to get myself as healthy as possible so I can concieve. I'd love to be friends.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but overweight and trying to conceive (two years!) They also put me on Metformin (which I got off and am much happier!)

So now I'm losing weight in hopes that helps!
  • pgamez
    pgamez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently in a similar situation, I recently stopped having my period, because I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid gland. I'm 21, needless to say I need to change my life around. Life however always has a good path for us there are many options to having children. Stay positive. I don't have PCOS, but I understand its frustrating stay strong,
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have it... I don't care whether or not I conceive. I've decided I love my life, my lifestyle and myself and don't need kids to complete that.

I'd much rather have sleep and a dog(s) :laugh:

Correction - Rescue Dogs!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I don't have the same exact thing but I do I have Amenorrhea due to the weight gain and stress (which is where you don't have your period for a long time) so it is really hard for me to conceived, and my husband and I have tried a few times, but now I am waiting to try again until the weight is all gone.

So good luck to you and have a great journey! :smile:
    Keep your chin up, it will happen when it's supposed to.
  • mrs_sleepybear
    Options
    Hi! I have PCOS also trying to conceive, and my doctor also gave me Metformin. I was just wondering, why you were given Metformin if you don't have PCOS? I can't wait to get off of it, the side effects are just horrible!
  • courtneyh1083
    courtneyh1083 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too. My husband finally agreed to get on board with trying, but my GYNO said I will likely have problems conceiving because of my history with PCOS. She did say that even 5-10% of my weight will help increase my chances of actually getting pregnant. I would love to be friends if you want to add me!
  • annikalenn
    Options
    I have PCOS. I have not yet tried to concieve, but I am trying to lose weight to make it easier too when we are ready. Just added you!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have PCOS also trying to conceive, and my doctor also gave me Metformin. I was just wondering, why you were given Metformin if you don't have PCOS? I can't wait to get off of it, the side effects are just horrible!

Honestly, because I was considered prediabetic at one point (I'm less so now because I became more active) and I think my GP was trying to get me to take it by telling me that it helped women get pregnant. The thing is, it's not really proven to be effective if you don't have PCOS -- I don't think it hurts and there is a relationship with insulin resistance and infertility (although I'm not quite sure doctors know exactly how to handle that without pills) so doctors just prescribe.

It totally sucked for me. The diarrhea was awful -- I basically had to take probiotics capsules the entire time I was using it (about eight months.) All I could think was, "There's no way I can get pregnant feeling this sick!"

I stopped three months ago and started losing weight and exercising. My blood sugar is around 100 most days I test, so I think I'm OK.

The reality is that I think doctors just treat all overweight women with infertility the same, at least that's how I feel.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have it... I don't care whether or not I conceive. I've decided I love my life, my lifestyle and myself and don't need kids to complete that.

I'd much rather have sleep and a dog(s) :laugh:

Correction - Rescue Dogs!

QFT! :flowerforyou:
  • italral
    italral Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to that. I've never wanted to kids, so I'd be happy if I were barren. However, I do have amenorrhea ever since I did the depo shot and gained a ton of weight, which was seven years ago, yikes. I just want to be regular with happy hormones. Feel free to add me, I'm on a health quest. The husband can get clipped, and we can love our rescue pit bull and kitties, and all the peace and quiet that comes with it. :tongue:
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat!!

I will add you!! :)
  • PaleoLynds
    Options
    I have PCOS and am currently on the Paleo diet to help with the symptoms and to lose 26lb. I was told I would have issues conceiving as was only having two cycles per year, but I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl who is now 11 weeks old. Don't lose hope! Sending you luck and hugs. PCOS is no fun at all. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • mrs_sleepybear
    Options

Honestly, because I was considered prediabetic at one point (I'm less so now because I became more active) and I think my GP was trying to get me to take it by telling me that it helped women get pregnant. The thing is, it's not really proven to be effective if you don't have PCOS -- I don't think it hurts and there is a relationship with insulin resistance and infertility (although I'm not quite sure doctors know exactly how to handle that without pills) so doctors just prescribe.

It totally sucked for me. The diarrhea was awful -- I basically had to take probiotics capsules the entire time I was using it (about eight months.) All I could think was, "There's no way I can get pregnant feeling this sick!"

I stopped three months ago and started losing weight and exercising. My blood sugar is around 100 most days I test, so I think I'm OK.

The reality is that I think doctors just treat all overweight women with infertility the same, at least that's how I feel.

I agree with the diarrhea being so awful--the acid reflux and GERD I get on some nights makes it so miserable.

I remember watching a TEDx talk from a doctor who's proposing that obesity might not be the cause of insulin resistance, but what if it's the other way around? I hope more doctors lean towards this thinking and just stop prescribing unnecessary stuff to people who are overweight. I'm seriously thinking of having a second opinion from a Reproductive Endocrinologist, just to make sure.

Good job with getting more active, and good luck in everything! :)
  • mrs_sleepybear
    Options
    I have PCOS and am currently on the Paleo diet to help with the symptoms and to lose 26lb. I was told I would have issues conceiving as was only having two cycles per year, but I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl who is now 11 weeks old. Don't lose hope! Sending you luck and hugs. PCOS is no fun at all. Feel free to add me if you would like :)

Awww, congratulations on your precious bundle of joy! Now, THAT is a miracle. :) Did you do anything special or take any fertility medication leading up to conceiving?

(And I agree, PCOS is no fun.)
  • Jaine2013
    Options
    I have pcos too, and have been ttc for 5 years now. Hoping losing some weight will help as I wasnt overweight until about 5 years ago when I started taking antidepressants. Now I am off them and hoping by losing weight I will not only get healthy but finally conceive!
  • emser81
    emser81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I don't have pcos but was having fertility problems. My BMI was borderline obese so Dr suggested i lose weight as it could help us conceive. I lost nearly 3 stone by calorie counting, unfortunately it didn't help us conceive naturally. We ended up having 2 rounds of ICSI and in January i gave birth to my son. Took us 5 and a half years to get him but he was totally worth the wait. I put all the weight i lost back on during the pregnancy, plus a little bit more so am now dieting to get back to where I was! 7lbs to go to get to my pre birth weight and then i'd like to lose another 7 lbs.
    Losing weight didn't help me conceive naturally but i'm convinced it helped us have success with fertility treatment. A baby is a great form of motivation!! I want to be healthy for my son, not puffing out of breath when i have to chase him round the house and garden!!
  • marinomelissa2
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but I do have endometriosis. I am attempting to change my diet. Diet has always been a real challenge for me. I have been on a lot of natural healing boards for infertility, and they gluten free and dairy free is the way to do. Right now I am just trying to eat healthier. The endometriosis has really caused me problems in the past. I had two laparoscopic procedures and during the second one, I went into the hospital and everything went way down hill.
  • Akkikokoro
    Options
    I also have PCOS but I have not tried to conceive yet. Trying to lose weight for when the time comes c:
    I'll add you!