Looking for close to or are vegans/vegetarians friends!

Options
Hi everyone, I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but the diet I am starting is very close to it. I'm starting a plant base diet that excludes dairy and only having meat a couple times during the week. Since the majority of my diet is plant base I wouldn't mind friends with a similar diet that might understand this kind of diet better, etc., but of course I don't mind if you want to friend me even if your diet isn't similar since I understand we are not all the same when it comes to dieting and many of us I'm sure face the same struggles :). This is the first time I'm going on a diet like this but got to do this for my health. I have over a 100 lbs to lose and excited to start a new chapter in life.

Replies

• ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would be glad for you to add me if you'd like. I've been pescatarian for about 5 years and am starting to cut out dairy. I have my diary open to friends so you could help keep me honest :laugh:

Very nice to meet you and good luck on your journey!
  • JM109
    JM109 Posts: 16
    Options
    I became a plant-based eater after watching Forks over Knives. It rocked my world. Thankfully, my husband was on board, too. So, we did it! It's not nearly as difficult as you'd think. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm always up for supportive friends who have like interests.

*smiles*
    Jean
  • shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I also am a pescatarian/flexitarian (meaning I allow chicken or turkey on occasion). My only dairy is occasional cheese and organic ice cream.

I'm no expert either, but I am here if you'd like some support.

Warning though: I do log in and log my food daily, but not always do I comment on diary's and such
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I guess I'm somewhere between pescatarian and vegan--I don't eat meat, but I do occassionally eat fish, dairy, and eggs consumption. I try to avoid animal products, but it's not always practical (and I still like cheese). My diary is open to my friends.

As a warning, I'm currently pregnant and therefore gaining weight, so I'm probably eating more calories than would be recommended for those who are trying to lose.
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a flexitarian. My vegetarianism is cyclic. I usually eat vegetarian 3-4 times a week, poultry about 2-3 times a week. I do eat eggs and dairy products. I could never go completely vegan but I have often gone completely vegetarian for months and years at a time.

And for added interest... I have a sociologist friend who studies the social impacts of veg-eating and often returns really interesting study results. (Well, it's interesting if you are into social studies I guess. lol.)

Feel free to add me. But I forewarn you, I am very opinionated and have some radical beliefs that sometimes leak into the forums.
    Diary is open to friends.
    (Currently I am on a high-iron regiment though due to an anemic spell I took for unrelated reasons, so I'm forcing down a lot of meat and iron tablets because I can't afford the infusions. So, my diary isn't going to reflect my normative eating habits for the past 6 weeks or the next 2 weeks.)
  • ThehungryveganUK
    Options
    Vegan here! 100%. I have around 80-90lbs to lose. Anyone can add me!
    I'm in a bit of rut and I'm not eating as healthy as I would like, but I have some plans to get myself back on track including some healthy winter recipes that I'm excited about! :happy: good luck on all your journeys :smile:
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Not strictly vegetarian: when our son started going to school, we started adding some fish or organic chicken to the menu once in a while. (We liked him to get used to the healthier kinds of meat, hoping he wouldn't be tempted by the more unhealthy choices of his palls. It worked...)
    Still... I find it much easier to cook a vegetarian meal than try out a meat recipe.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian since I was a kid, and I sometimes make vegan meals. You're welcome to add me if you like, although I don't fill out the food diary (not counting calories right now).
  • VeganMagpie
    VeganMagpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% vegan and have been for two years now. I was vegetarian for 15 years before this.

I have days where I can eat somewhat bad but on the whole I think I keep my diet fairly well balanced and full of the stuff I need - probably just too much of that stuff.

( I'm trying to lose about 50 lbs at the moment but that's mostly due to an injury leaving me unable to do exercise for a few years)
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian 15 years now! Feel free to add me :) xxx