Calories burned from daily exercise?

Options
How many calories do you burn daily from exercise?
Also, what is your favorite method of burning those calories off?

I like the treadmill and the elliptical, and I typically burn 500 cals a day from just exercise :)

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I never know for sure, but MFP puts me at about 200-300 when I exercise, doing C25k and a lifting. The treadmill always puts me higher. I'm pretty sure they are both overestimates. If I'm doing intense cleaning or gardening, I'll log that too.
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running I usually run for about 30-65 minutes differs from day to day and I burn around 600-1000 calories depending again on the day. on days where I run for 30 minutes I also lift weights for another 30-45 minutes.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 500 on up.

On running days it will be 800 + (my midweek runs are 10km, Saturday I do a brick & Sunday is my long run). Non running days will usually be 10,000m rowing (around 500 cal) and weights (give or take another 200 cal) and, weather permitting, I like to ride my bike to work (19km each way)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn daily from exercise?
    Also, what is your favorite method of burning those calories off?

I like the treadmill and the elliptical, and I typically burn 500 cals a day from just exercise :)

I burn approximately 2000 per week (sometimes less, sometimes more) - I run three times per week and do weights once
    at the weekends.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I can burn anywhere from 250 calories (single body part strength training - 45 minutes) up to 1500 calories (elliptical at 85% - 120 minutes) in a day, and I'll often have cardio in the morning and strength training in the afternoon. I also walk alot. In general, I burn between 3500 - 5000 calories per week.
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow... I dont burn near as many calories as you guys.
    I do 4o minutes intense workout 4 times a week in the morning- 3 km stepper, 5km cycling and another 3km eliptical and get my heart rate to hang between 140-165 at all times- this only brings me a 220 calorie burn, and 3 times a week in the afternoon I do weights and stregnth training which only brings about 90 calorie burn for the hour.
    On a double cardio day I dont even burn 500 calories according to my heart rate monitor...

Can I ask what exercises and for how long at what intensity you guys are going at? I would love to be hitting the amounts of calorie burn that you are achieving