Helly, My name is Holly and I am a fat girl....

Options
I MARRIED A SUPER GREAT GUY NAMED ERICH IN MAY '05 AND 2 YEARS LATER IN MAY '07 WE HAD OUR WONDERFUL SON AIDEN. I HAVE A STRONG PASSION FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS AND WANT TO MAJOR IN CULINARY ARTS (being an awesome chef is probably my downfall and the reasons I am here). I LOVE COFFEE! I LOVE HOT COFFEE COLD COFFEE, LATTES, ESPRESSO'S, BUT COFFEE WITH NO SUGAR AND JUST A LITTLE BIT OF CREAM IS MY FAV! I ENJOY MY LIFE, BEING A MOM AND WIFE, AND I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD! I HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING WITH WEIGHT LOSS FOR YEARS. I USED TO WEIGH 125 AND IN THE SHUFFLE OF GETTING MARRIED AND HAVING A CHILD I SEEMED TO LET MYSELF GO MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. ONE DAY, MY HUSBAND POINTED OUT THAT I WAS GETTING FATTER AND MEANER. I SAW PICTURES OF MYSELF AND REALIZED, "HOLY COW, I'M SHAMU!" SO, INSTEAD OF SULKING, I TOOK MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS AND SINCE NOVEMBER '09 I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 45 POUNDS! I HAVE FALLEN OFF THE HORSE A COUPLE TIMES AND HAVE USED VACATIONS AS EXCUSES NOT TO EXERCISE AND TO EAT UNHEALTHY. NOW, I AM MORE MOTIVATED THAN EVER BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE 14 POUNDS LEFT TO GO! I WANT TO WEIGH 130 POUNDS AND THEN WORK MYSELF DOWN TO 120 IN THE END. I FEEL LIKE I CAN FINALLY SEE THE END OF THE TUNNEL! ITS BEEN A LONG JOURNEY OF WORKING OUT 7 DAYS A WEEK AND WATCHING MY CALORIES AND THE TYPES OF CALORIES I EAT BUT ITS FINALLY PAYING OFF!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss:drinker:

Welcome to the site Holly, great to have you join us :flowerforyou:
  • deeskr
    Options
    Welcome Holly! I just joined yesterday! I too love the fine arts, grew up doing musical theatre.. Good luck on your journey.

Feel free to friend me.

-Kevin
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Best of luck! I too was 125, and after having two kids I gained weight and it just stayed there. I had no idea how to lose weight, because I never had to! I started here at 148, and I am now 3 lbs from my goal (also 130... then maybe 125 if I am not happy with the way I look at that point)... And stuck there, actually. So you can totally do it! You have lots of people here to cheer ya on. Good job on your previous weight loss!
  • nfinamore
    Options
    Hey Holly! Your story seems just like mine! Not married but I have an 8 1/2 year old daughter and I was once 125 and maintained that after having my daughter until about 3 years ago I started packing on the weight. I am 170 and 5 foot tall! not good! so I'd like to loose 40 pounds and get to 130 and I just started on my fitness pal and I'm hoping for the best :)
  • ppennington
    Options
    First of all, due to all your hard work, I don't think you can call yourself a fat girl anymore. Maybe a little fluffy, but certainly not fat! I have lost 18 lbs over the last year and 10 since joining this site. I have about the same left to lose as you and also want to get down to 128 - 130. Congrats on your amazing weight loss so far. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • jennienelson
    Options
    Great job! My situation is similar only a little more complicated. I weighed in at 118 lbs and 5' 9.5" after my first child. 3 kids later and I am 164. My oldest is 10 my youngest is 3. I LOVE FOOD. I am a foodie by nature. I am so freaking uncomfortable in my own skin. People have told me they would kill to be my size or look like me after 3 kids but I know I let myself go. I've dieted on and off and lost and gained and now it I feel like I'm really need to get down to 145 where I want to be and work to stay there. My main problem is a have a condition called Heat Sensitivity. When I get too hot I get migraines, nausea, vomitting and then syncope (fainting). Does it seem like that would make it hard to work out??? So now, I am finding ways to exercise while minimizing the heat that comes from it. So far I think I'm doing ok and I am always looking for different ways. Good luck to all on this board. I hope you are all very successful!
  • nfinamore
    Options
    very inspirational :)