Shakeology Lovers

Options
WTH did I do wrong? I bought a sample pack of the Chocolate Shakeology off of Ebay and I mixed it up this morning.........OMG yuck!!! What did I do wrong? I heard it's supposed to be good, I know it's a protein shake but still? Should I of used a blender? Used more than 1 cup of milk? It was just soooooo chocolatey and didn't taste good at all. I couldn't finish it. I couldn't even force myself to drink it. TOTAL YUCK!

So please...I want to like it because it's so good for you...but please tell me what I can do different next time. Thanks!

Jenn

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have not tried chocolat yet. I like the greenberry. I would question who you got it from.
  • nimik
    nimik Posts: 10
    Options
    I have to be honest, I can only drink shakeology if I use just 1/2 of a scoop, plus almond milk, 1/2 of a banana, and 1 tbsp of Natural Peanut butter. I then add 2 cups of ice cubes and blend, blend, blend. And, some days I have to add more water to the mix to dilute even more. I too wish I was in love with shakeology like others...it just isn't one of my favs.
  • schoen185
    Options
    I've never done shakeology but I sure do hear a lot about it. I personally found one I LOVE at Meijer - it's called "chocolite protein". It's not chalky tasting like most of the others I've tried. It's like $15 a canister but sometimes I can find it on sale. I think that they have a website? Anyway, good luck making your shakeology taste better :)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have not tried chocolat yet. I like the greenberry. I would question who you got it from.

ProT.....I'm not worried about the shake it's self. I was in a Shakeology sealed package that I checked before I opened it, I was thinking along the same lines as you because I bought it off ebay. no tears or holes in the package and the shake it'self didn't look wrong.

It was just super thick and just didn't taste good. I'm wondering if I added more milk to it, like 2 cups instead of 1 would of made a difference.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The chocolate Shakeology has to be doctored up for me to drink it. I actually mix it with water and Splenda. But I haven't bought it in awhile. I drink a protein shake by BSN called Syntha-6. Their chocolate /peanut butter flavor rocks, even mixed with water. I drink it after my workouts.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I think once I made it and I didn't use enough liquid and it was gloopy. Now I add a little more liquid and ice with milk, almond milk or water and blend really well. I've also found a banana helps a lot with the texture. I really like it but my hubby says it's too thick. I'm drinking the greenberry right this very second with banana and strawberries, I think it's really good.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Don't worry...I don;t like shakeology either. Glad I tried a sample before I purchased it!

For a meal replacement I stick with Sythna 6 protein shake - I may not be getting as much good stuff as in Shakeology but I can drink and it taste like a milkshake! LOL The peanut butter chocolate tastes like a reese's peanut butter. A employer at GNC told me that Syntha 6 is really good as a Meal replacement (I was told this after a month of using it that way while my husband used it as a post workout and they guy told him it wasn't best for that LOL) *my husband wants a fast release protien shake for post workouts
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I first got my order in and I was soooo upset!! I got a blender and blended it with 1 cup of skim plus ( or whatever milk you use) and 4 ice cubes. I blend it until it's smooth and sometimes I will add in some coconut extract to the blender and mix together. It should have a smooth texture and it shouldn't taste all that bad!

When I first got the product I tried mixing it and it was thick like mud, I wasn't using the right blender.

Let me know how it goes :)
  • txtree50
    Options
    I use chocolate shakeology and mis it with 1 cup fat free milk and 1 cup frozen strawberries. I mix it in the blender. Yes, it is rich and thick like a super chocolate shake but I only use it every other day. It's great when I have a really busy day and can't spend the time to cook something. I HATE it with water!!!!!
  • skydiveskier
    Options
    Considering it's a 'Meal Replacement' not a sugar filled taste-shake, you'll have to modify the contents to your liking.

You should check out some recipes that Shakeology lovers have shared. I personally mix it with 1 cup of Oatmeal and a 1/2 cup of Blueberries for breakfast. Holy smokers, what filling and delicious meal that satisfies my Fruit / Veggie needs for the day!

http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/flyingjake/recipes-chocolate

My opinion would be start with 1/2 serving and mix some contents of your choice then work from there. Yes it is thick and rich...Yes it is filling...Yes it is the healthiest meal of the day!

Enjoy,
  • Cecilia20
    Options
    I've tried Shakeology once and I loved it... The chocolate is my favorite and I can't wait until my order comes in the mail this week. I blend mine, but I don't add anything to it. I love it as it is.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I have mine with water and not milk if I'm in a hurry and just need to throw it in the shaker cup instead of blending it with other things. I've found that I like the texture better when I make it in the blender though. What kind of milk are you using? It could be changing the thickness of the shake. I also recommend going to the shakeology website and clicking on the recipes tab. If you got chocolate samples, the Carl Daikeler Special (my favorite), Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and Chocolate Bananas Foster are all ones I have tried and love. The first time I tasted Shakeology I wasn't sure what to think. It was chocolate, but not. You have to remember with ingredients like wheat grass, the flavor is going to change some. Like others have said, adding some fruit and other ingredients like you'll find in the recipes really gives it a boost. Keep playing around with amounts of ice and liquids, and try adding in some extras. Good luck!
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way! a friend of mine has given me like 7 samples to try them different ways.........each time i thought YUCK!! its a dark choc taste to me and i hate dark choc. ive tried it with bananas with milk with peanut butter with ice and water and no matter what i do yuck yuck yuck!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advice and ideas. I only bought one packet so if I try it again down the road i'll definitely play around with the ingredients I put in with the shake, I definitely will use the blender next time and probably add a bit more milk and ice, maybe even some fruit.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the advice!! :smile:

Jenn
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate...drink one every day and only mix with 1 cup chocolate almond milk. I need it to be very cold and it is absolutely an acquired taste but now I'm addicted. Mixing with 1 tbs peanut butter and some fruit will definitely help the taste until you get used to it. As someone posted above, the wheat grass and other ingredients make the taste not exactly like a purely chocolate shake.

Hope you decide to try it again some time!