What should I eat for Breakfast?

Options
So a terribly long story short is this: Once school starts in September I will need to completely change my whole eating schedule. I have a long commute so I leave my house at 7, and have lab 830-1230, after which is lunch, and a different monster that I have to tackle haha. I am naturally a snacker so not eating from 630-1230 sounds awful. My normal breakfast is a packet of oatmeal and a Chobani, but I know that this will not hold me up for that long of a time.

So what do you guys think my new breakfast should be?

It needs to be very quick (like <5 minutes) to make, I don't mind eating in the car, and snacking during lab (830-1230) is not an option. Just one more thing, smoothies are not an option as I wake up so early and don't want to wake the rest of my house with a blender.

Thanks!

Replies

• MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    nothing?
  • scottix111
    Options
    make some protein pancakes that you put in the freezer then just pop them in the toaster in the mornings then there u go its what i do
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! Get little tubs that you can reuse, put in oats, yoghurt and milk in a. 1:1:1 ratio. Leave overnight and they go quite solid, add some fruit, compote, honey to sweeten if you like. Fill me up like nothing I've ever known and they keep in the fridge for about a week so you can make them ahead. Grab a tub and a spoon and go!
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    I have done a large omelette with about 12 eggs in it and had a bit at a time. Lasted 3 days if you put it in the fridge. Have a slice of wholemeal bread with it too.

Do you like cottage cheese? Take a tub of that and have some of it with fruit (mixed berries?) and add some good cereals.

Banana. That is my wake up food before my workout!
  • suvernscorpio
    suvernscorpio Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would of thought porridge or oats (Readybrek). I am against microwaves but if you are that pushed for time you can buy the ones you stick in the microwave or the ones you just add hot milk or water too. Oats are very filling :)
  • viv0147
    viv0147 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree with suvemscorpio porridge is very filling the best part about it is once you have eaten it and it arrives in your stomach it stays a long time in there so you will not be hungry until later, and of course it's a very healthy cereal I add fruit to mine and it's scrumptious.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs the night before & grab 'em out of the fridge in the morning.