Others interested in clean eating?

Options
Hi there! Anyone else focused on trying to eat fewer processed foods or trying to eat cleaner? I'd love to find a few more friends with whom to share recipes!

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    You need more fat in your diet from looking at your diary.

Jus' sayin.
  • JumpingJacs
    JumpingJacs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have and find that I feel so much better when I do. I'll join you and please share any recipes as well.
  • lynalinda
    lynalinda Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes i am, this is one of the reasons that made me go vegan and i have pretty amazing recipes (even raw desserts! ) :)
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It's one of my goals as well. I am trying but still eating the processed vegan meats occasionally. Recipes and tips are always appreciated.
  • nomorebamboozles
    nomorebamboozles Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a huge desire to eat "clean" - which I define by foods being as close to their natural state as possible and minimizing foods which provide no essential nutrients. But it is a huge challenge for me!
  • Newtoweightloss
    Options
    I'd love to do that, but there have always been problems in the past. When I lived in my last apartment (before my landlady decided to sell the building without warning just before the holidays), grocery shopping in that neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY was extremely limited. Even IF I could get to my old neighborhood or into Manhattan and lug the stuff home, the expense was exorbitant. Since I've been staying at my mother's (where I need to move from before I'm committed to some psych facility), I'm stuck with the junk food I'm convinced she buys to sabotage my attempts to lose weight. I'm hoping to move to New England (probably New Hampshire or Vermont), but aside from the difficulties of doing this myself, blindly, via computer, I'm also waiting for medical results concerning a potentially serious health issue. Anyway, wherever I end up, which MUST be a place which is far less expensive than NYC, and a place where I can exist on my disability income (and have a dog again!), I don't know if such food will be physically or economically accessible. My goddess! That does read like one long list of excuses, which I hate, but unfortunately is 100% true. I hope I can check in on your thread from time to time and participate if I have anything to contribute. Good luck to the rest of you!
  • tapesong
    tapesong Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i am, too. i'm planning on sticking to an 80/20 clean eating lifestyle because i see it more as a regimen whereby i focus on eating less processed junk and more wholesome, nutritious food - incorporating a lot of vegetables, fruit, whole grains - rather than a strict diet where i eliminate all 'unclean' foods. it's working well for me so far and i've been doing it for about 2 months :)
  • Fitiny
    Fitiny Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to eat clean. Feel free to add me. Let's support each other.