GNC Lean Shake

Options
Hello MFP World:)

I wanted to know if there was anyone out there using the GNC Lean Shake? I have been drinking the chocolate one for breakfast and lunch at work (along with other healthy snacks throughout the work day) and eating a regular meal for dinner after I workout. I have seen pretty great results in two weeks doing this...lost 10 pounds:) I used to do my worst eating at work...for breakfast I would bring a bagel covered in cream cheese and drink coffee that was hazelnut cream and by lunch I would have such a bad headache and be so hungry I would drive to McDonald's, Burger King, Carl's Jr., KFC, Taco Bell...or anywhere quick and get a fatty lunch with a big soda. Since I have cut the bad eating out at work, it has helped a ton! I drink a ton of water at work and snack all day:) It is great to go home and eat a hearty meal for dinner without worrying so much what it is. That is my trade-off for eating healthy and exercising. Since I have only been trying to lose weight for 2 weeks, it is difficult to cut out everything I want to eat and so far the way I have been eating has helped!

Anyone else have any great stories?

Sending out positive vibes to all!

-Ashley

Replies

• jkvarilek
    Options
    This is really great to hear. I started the GNC Lean Shake today! Great job!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use them for a meal replacement several times a week. I love them. Easy to mix (I use water in them). Mixed berry is my favorite followed by seasonal orange cream and peppermint mocha. I keep a tub in my locker at work.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    I just bought the GNC Lean Shake in the Swiss Chocolate flavor. It is delicious! I use it with 8 oz of 2% milk instead of water. When made with water, I don't feel full as long. So instead of 180 calories, I take in 317. I use it for breakfast and lunch and eat a healthy dinner, 317 calories a meal is still very good when trying to lose weight. I don't deprive myself of anything. I use to drink soda all day but I allow myself a couple a week or else I fall off of the diet train very easily. For snacks, I have fallen in love with Cascadian Farms Organic granola bars. They are so good! Good luck to everyone looking to lose some weight.
  • hmsmike
    hmsmike Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just started using the Cookies & Creme and Rich Chocolate this week.

So far pretty good .... I feel my hunger is satisfied and the shakes mix up great with water with no gritty texture. It has been key for me control my calories in the day by being a MRP for one of my tougher meals to balance or even do.

I will say the Cookies & Creme is my favorite - I really look forward to drinking that one!! The Chocolate is good too!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    BUMP.

8488541.png
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've just started using it this week, and have seen a three pound loss so far. Mind you, I've also cut out soda. So far I am cautiously impressed!

I mix one scoop of powder with a cup of skim milk, and add about 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and then some cinnamon.
    Fair warning, I -hated- it when I mixed it with water...but now I actually enjoy it!

ETA: A lot of my coworkers have been on it over the summer, and all have seen at least a twenty pound loss. Hence why I'm trying it.
  • HouseofG2015
    HouseofG2015 Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Happy to read the feedback. I know this thread has been dead for over a year now but I was thinking of starting with the meal replacements for those busy times of day when I often find myself grabbing what's easy (and not always the healthiest). With 3 little kids and working 12 hour days, I think working in some high-protein shakes could be a big help for those times when eating healthy isn't always feasible when i'm so crunched for time.

(I just joined today and finding my way thru the boards so I apologize if I'm not suppose to respond to such an old thread). :)
  • MNWard2015
    Options
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that does this! I just started doing this last week replacing my lunch with a vanilla bean shake- I mix 1.5 scoops with water. I work in a Dr.'s office and we're constantly having people bring in all sorts of treats and junk food for lunch and stuff this is great and helps me stay on track!
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've been using GNC Lean 25 Shake for a little over a week. I didn't use it this past weekend,and boy can I tell. I've been using it once a day, usually to replace lunch. The way I mix it is 2 scoops with 8 ounces of cold water and a cup of frozen fruit, ie blueberries, strawberries, etc
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the lean shake 25 as a meal replacement for breakfast. I enjoyed it more with half milk half water as opposed to all water. It worked well to keep me full until lunch time. My Sam's club had it I'm chocolate for a lot less than gnc..so that was a plus.

I only stopped because it wasn't helping my blood glucose control..too many carbs for my body.