Celebrating 20lbs in two months!

Options
So excited to say I have lost 20 lbs since June 15th!!! Just one month and 8 more lbs to go and then on to the hard task of maintaining... :tongue:

Replies

• Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good Job!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing to lose it, lady? :smile:
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 20 lbs!!! in two months?! that is AWESOME!! Keep it up!
  • Zazoufit2014
    Zazoufit2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump ! :)
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing to lose it, lady? :smile:

Basically, watching my carbs, tracking my food religiously and increasing my walking. I really have to pay attention and track my food. I'm not cutting calories too crazy - my target is 1500 per day.

I have cut out sugar and wheat - as I believe my body doesn't like them. Replacing those carbs with good proteins and healthy fats. Cutting out the sugar really cut down cravings for me. I am not tempted now to drive through a DQ for a blizzard every day at lunch! :blushing:
  • christineellis
    Options
    My dad has been an insulin dependent diabetic since his early 40's, my mother is obese and younger brother was just diagnosed as diabetic - he is very overweight as well. Although I was not in as bad a shape as others in my family, I did a lot of reading about diabetes and metabolic syndrome and wanted to take significant steps to avoid that progression in my future.

As they say, it usually takes a wake up call of some sort to get serious about your health! That and I have a very thin hubby and 3 beautiful children to stay in shape for - and set a good example for!
  • Wholelottashakin
    Wholelottashakin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How fantastic!! I'm following in your footsteps and hope to be 20 lbs lighter by the end of October!
  • Wholelottashakin
    Wholelottashakin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am the same way re; the wheat and the sweets. I have to cut them out completely. It's either all or nothing to me! I finally realize that watching and writing down my food is the way to go. Honestly writing it down. This site is great! I think it's going to help me a lot!
  • christineellis
    Options
    I am the same way re; the wheat and the sweets. I have to cut them out completely. It's either all or nothing to me! I finally realize that watching and writing down my food is the way to go. Honestly writing it down. This site is great! I think it's going to help me a lot!

Tracking whether in a notebook or on this website is the only thing that has ever worked for me! You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!