NSV- I did WHAT!?

Options
xiamjackie
xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
All of my friends on here have already congratulated and praised me for this little NSV yesterday, but I am still super stoked about it.

Yesterday I ran 9 miles. WHAT!?!?? And I ran the entire thing at a 11:15 pace, didn't stop to walk once. The farthest I ever ran at one time previous to that was 6 miles.

Never in a million years did I think I would be able to run like this. In high school I was one of those people that groaned and tried to skip school on the day that we ran "the mile", the most dreaded day in high school gym history. Now, I am training for a half marathon, I set it in my head yesterday that I wanted to run 9 miles, and I went out and did it. At a reasonable pace, too!

I just want to remind everyone that being healthy encompasses so much more than your weight. I am not at the weight I desire for my body. I still have flab, cellulite, and the works, but I just ran 9 freaking miles yesterday! I always seek out physical challenges and absolutely love encountering them. I love being fit and healthy and of course will continue to work on my body until I am pleased with the way it looks, but I am definitely proud of myself for accomplishing all that I have along the way.

BTW for anyone that for whatever reason would suggest weight training to shape my body the way I'd like it- I do weight train 4 days a week. I just do a whole other crap load of stuff during the week as well, like running, awesome zumba and boot camp classes, and other outdoor recreational activities :) I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm loving every second of it.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!