heart rate monitor watch

Options
?? are these good items to purchase, best one ect

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Get one with a chest strap, not just a watch.
    Polar FT7
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    yes a chest strap.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Just got a Polar FT7, and I love it. It has a chest strap, and I think I trust it's accuracy more than any other device I've used, and I've used several.
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    what price range am i looking at x
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I bought one on eBay. It sucks, but I don't have the $$ to get a good one with a chest strap.
  • nelsongruber
    nelsongruber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don´t have one but I'm already looking for one to buy, although I'm really confused on which one to buy.

I am between the Polar RS300x, the Polar RS100, the Polar FT40 or the Suunto M5.

I will be doing entirely aerobics like Tapout XT, Insanity, Rip60, etc I don't run at all, I sometimes take the dog out for a walk (2-3) miles...

So which one is the right for me?? I know the RS are for runners, but I really like the display to tell me at a glance, time-HR-calories burnned...

I need some help here...
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    i have the polar and i actually wish there was one without a chest strap. mine has stopped reading and is always sliding around. i used to get good readings and now i dont.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    FT7 Here too. Runs about $100. Worth every penny.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7 with chest strap. The watch only kind are not accurate at all and kinda crappy.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My husband has been through 2 Polars in the last 4-5 years. They don't last forever but will last a couple of years, at least.
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the RS300X (chest strap and watch). I'm not a runner but I'm hoping to change that. I just got it and have only used it once but so far so good. Everyone I spoke to recommended a chest strap one as it is more accurate. The one i got was $149(Cdn) but I believe the FT7 is around $79.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    what price range am i looking at x

Around $80 on Amazon
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Definitely one with a chest strap. I narrowed my choices down to either a Polar or New Balance N4. I'm on a budget, so turned to eBay, and put new items of each on my watchlist. Scored a New Balance for $26 - brand new and has worked great for me for nearly three years now.
  • taterbug29
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 and LOVE it
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT40 and can't wait to use it. It's supposed to have everything the FT4 has and more. I'm excited as I can't normally track my crossfit workouts.

**Forgot to mention the reviews are great, too!