how to add p90x workout into the exercise

Options
needthechange
needthechange Posts: 4
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi .. Iam pretty new to this site and was wondering if anyone can help me with the updating part..
i started p90x workout 3 days ago and boy... its amazing .. but iam confused as iam unable to get p90x workouts popups..
i even tried entering individually .. for instance, i typed standard push ups and nothing popped up.

and how do you determine your calorie intake for a day. Iam 164 cms , 30 years woman. my weight as on today is 86 kilos.
insanity calculations say my daily calorie intake should be 2700 , p90x says 1700 and MFP 1200 :(

i really want to lose weight and go to my ideal weight as iam getting married to my love in feb 2014 :) and i want to look great for my big day

Please help

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    It is notoriously difficult to determine caloric burns from strength training. You can either add "weight training" to the cardio workout section and track exercise that way or go by the nutrition guide. When I did Insanity, I found that my own calculations and the nutrition guide goals were within about 100 calories of each other on average, so going by the nutrition guide is probably safe. Go by the P90x guide if you are doing P90x (Insanity is incrediby intense and burns a rediculous number of calories). MFP expects you to add your exercise calories to your daily minimum goal, so your MFP total is actually 1200 + exercise, so if you burn 500 calories doing P90x, you'll also be eating 1700 a day under MFP.
  • needthechange
    Options
    hey thanks for the response.. i was 87 and started p90x.. feeling great and healthy.
    developed a slight knee pain though i guess i have to modify more :P

il dig more with your help :)
This discussion has been closed.