T25 and knee issues question

Options
I searched and couldn't find an answer to my question, so maybe someone here can help. I workout at the gym, but would like to have some DVD's at home. On advice of people who have done them, I have steered clear of Insanity and P90X due to rehabing a torn ACL. Its been a year now, but I still have pain if there is too much jumping, etc.

Does T25 follow the same type of routines as Insanity, P90X, and the like? Has anyone noticed knee problems while doing T25?

Thanks for any input.

Replies

• parkermegan
    Options
    There are a lot of squats and lunges, but if you keep the weight in your heels and your form is good your knees shouldn't hurt and they will get stronger and stronger :)
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    finished week 2 of t25 - my left knee is giving me a bit of problems now
    But you can modify some of the movements to help with knee issues tho

Insanity was to rough on my knees, and I was never able to finish the program. I like to throw a few insanity into my workouts, but not everyday

good luck
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I too am doing T25 and having a little knee pain, but it's from my other workouts combined with T25. There are a lot of squats, lunges and lateral movements, but if you stick with the modified version, you'll be fine. Just pay attention to your form and take things slower than they are going. After 3 weeks, I've noticed increased leg strength and less pain.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am doing T25 and have previously had knee and ankle surgeries, so I always seek to protect my joints :) I think starting out in proper shoes is a good first step - you want something that gives you stability in the lateral movements (so your running shoes really aren't right for this workout).

I follow the modifier for the low-impact versions of the moves. There are plenty of squats and lunges in the workouts, but as long as you keep good form, this should only strengthen your knees.

I pass on the jumping moves because my joints do not need high impact activities.
  • LisaMarieBSN
    LisaMarieBSN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was doing T25 two months ago for only two weeks using the modified version 75 percent of the time and have had pain behind my left knee since (2 months now). Swells up and hard for me to walk at times. I wore good sneakers during the program and never had problems with my knees before. I'm at a point now where I need to see a doctor about it. The swelling is very noticeable to others, which of course I can't see but feel after only being on my feet for a few hours. Hoping I didn't do anything too serious but having pain and it swelling after two months worries me!!!!
  • staciebryan1986
    Options
    I started t25 recently. I was strictly doing the modified version. On Tuesday, August 6, 2014, I woke up with tons of energy. I felt great. Therefore, I decided to try doing the t25 speed 1.0 without modifying. Big mistake! At about the 12 minutes left mark, I heard a loud pop in my left knee. After falling over and trying to work it out, I felt fine and tried to stand up. Immediately I felt unstable as if my knee could bend backwards. Since then, I have not been able to straighten or completely bend my leg and it is very swollen. My doctor thinks I may have torn my ACL which means possible surgery. I have a MRI currently being scheduled. I've never had knee or any joint problems. Not even a broken bone. EVER! Needless to say, I won't be working out anytime soon. :(