Starting to feel like myself again! (pics)

Options
I've been working at this for over 4 months now and it's been slow going, but I'm finally starting to see really good results! I'm 16lbs down and while I still have quite a ways to go, I was confident enough to buy a pair of skinny jeans the other day! I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me about how I looked, so I decided to take a picture. It feels good to be getting back to my old self - when I felt strong and confident and loved trying on new clothes.

Anybody who's weight is slow coming off, just remember this: the time will pass no matter what. You can be losing weight slowly, you can be staying the same, you can be gaining weight quickly. Where do you want to be next year?

before

1938766_7161.jpg

now 16 lbs down (I apologize for taking this in a bathroom - only full length mirror around!)
1938766_9568.jpg

head shot
1938766_2947.jpg

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Keep it up :bigsmile:
  • DonnaMaas
    Options
    Good job! I understand completely about the slow go when it comes to losing. I have been on MFP for over 3 weeks and have only lost about 8-10 lbs. but thats fine because putting in my food helps me stay aware of what and now much I need to be eating plus I already feel better just doing what I am doing. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Mary1313
    Options
    Sooo happy for you!! You look great, keep up the good work!! I am also beginning to feel like myself again and it feels sooo good!!! :happy:
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Great job!!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can def tell a difference. I have just lost 16lbs too :) Doesn't it feel great! :) You are looking great! :) Love the ending comment too about thinking about where you want to be...some good stuff right there! :)
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What a difference!! SO happy for you!!
  • DebraRolin
    Options
    Way to go!! You look super!!
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great! Keep up the good work!
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • ijegood
    ijegood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! You are too kind.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    good job! You look fantastic!
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    u look great!!!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the good work!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Your not deceiving yourself they look great. Congratulations on the loss and good luck on your continuing journey.
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!:wink:
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Very positive and inspiring... I to am losing very slowing and I get discouraged. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • starstealing
    Options
    the pics are proof that you're doing it right! great job on your loss. slow, sure, and steady is the best way to keep it off.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe how much YOUNGER you look with the weight off!
  • ijegood
    ijegood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely radiant! your skin glows, your smile is HUGE! it's more than losing 16lbs isn't it? it's the confidence that makes you sexy:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!