50lbs down, 70 to go [no pics]

Options
Just wanted to share some encouragement especially for guys who might be trying to lose weight.

I started MFP counting calories and exercising in the last week of June. Stuck to, and today, my official once a week weigh in day, I'm down exactly 50lbs. Seems like a worthwhile milestone to post about! I don't think there is a huge difference you can see in pictures, so I'll save the pictoral for when I hit 120-125 lost.

Height: 5'11
SW: 295 (June 24-2010)
CW: 245 (September 21 2010)
GW: 165-170

I simply stick to my calorie goal and walk between 40 minutes to an hour a day, 7 days a week. It really gets the job done for now.

Even though people tell me they notice that I've lost, it's hard for me to see yet. I have had to buy new pants though. Down from a 46 to a 40 waist and I'm starting to fit into some XL shirts instead of 2XL. I'm also noticing a lot of loose skin and stretchmarks that I guess I'm going to have to fill out with muscle once I hit my goal weight and maintain.

Anyway, just putting this up in hopes that someone out there is ready to start today like I was back in June.

Replies

• Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep it up. It's good to see motivation for the MFP guys
  • robinsnest0326
    Options
    Hey that is awesome, way to go! keep it up!
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    Thats fantastic 6 inches off your waist is amazing. Heres to the next 50
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    good job and thanks for sharing....keep up the good work....
  • michaelsdavies
    michaelsdavies Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations man! Don't be too worried about not really noticing yourself yet, I still look in the mirror and don't see a huge change. I'm confident it's a gradual thing that'll come with time! 50lbs is a great goal to hit, you should feel good. Here's to the next 50!
    Michael
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Congrats dude on a huge milestone achieved. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. Keep up the great work!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Unless you want a TON of saggy skin, you're going to want to start lifting weights now. There's nothing more defeating than to lose weight and then realize you're weak and you could look better AND be smaller than you are. Plus, the more muscle you build, the more fat that muscle burns for you, so it actually makes losing weight easier on YOU. Trust me, my dad lost about 140 lbs and only did cardio (walking) and he had a huge flap of skin he couldn't get rid of. He ended up gaining the weight back and now that he's losing and doing strength ALONG with cardio, he's having a much easier time with not having that flap of skin.
  • deeskr
    Options
    That's Great! Im in the same boat started at 302....Want to get to under 200... It's a long haul.

Good for you!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! 50lbs is a HUGE loss!! And only since June?? You must really work hard.

I agree with the other poster tho, you should start lifting weights now to start toning those muscles :bigsmile:

Good luck with the next 50 :flowerforyou:
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! :smile:
  • wvmom30
    wvmom30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!!!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourself. I bet the difference is huge to everyone but you. I think we are the last ones to see what we've lost. You've done an amazing thing, keep up the great luck and good luck with your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!