Journey to Losing 100+

Options
Hello everyone!

I've been using my food diary on MFP for about a week now and I absolutely love it! I thought I would introduce myself even though I really don't know what to say.

I am a single mother of a 10-year-old boy. I'm currently going back to school to get my teaching certification. I want to teach middle school math.

I have been trying to lose weight for what it seems like forever... sometimes losing 20-30 lbs but always gaining it back and then some. I'm turning 30 in about a year and a half, and I want to make it over the 'hump' with a lighter and healthier me. I also want to make a better role model for my son and my future students.

Well, that's all I have for now. I hope you all have a great Tuesday :happy:

Replies

• peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals! Stick with MFP and you CAN do it!
  • RB12000
    Options
    You came to a great place to reach your goals! I also will be 30 in a year and a half, and would really like to start that new decade of my life in a healthy fashion. Nice to meet ya!
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I've been using my food diary on MFP for about a week now and I absolutely love it! I thought I would introduce myself even though I really don't know what to say.

I am a single mother of a 10-year-old boy. I'm currently going back to school to get my teaching certification. I want to teach middle school math.

I have been trying to lose weight for what it seems like forever... sometimes losing 20-30 lbs but always gaining it back and then some. I'm turning 30 in about a year and a half, and I want to make it over the 'hump' with a lighter and healthier me. I also want to make a better role model for my son and my future students.

Well, that's all I have for now. I hope you all have a great Tuesday :happy:

Good Luck! I always say it takes a special person to teach Middle school... and math! ;) I'm a high school teacher myself (im actually logging during my planning) haha but good luck with your goals!!
  • ticklemechelle
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too but if we all stick together we can do it!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You can totally do it. MFP makes things so easy and anytime you're having trouble or have questions, just relate back to the forum. A lot of times people have already asked something similar to what you need, so just utilize the "search" bar and see what you can find, otherwise, go ahead and ask. Everyone is real friendly & love sharing their experience!