Rotisserie Chicken - No Skin - White Meat

Options
Hi Everyone! Can someone tell me why rotisserie chicken is significantly higher in calories than just grilled chicken? I assumed they would be the same.

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Maybe the grilled chicken entries you were looking at were for boneless, skinless breasts. A rotisserie chicken would be a whole chicken - dark meat has a higher fat content and therefore more calories. That's just my best guess.
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Maybe because a lot of the rotisserie chicken you buy in the store all ready cooked is buttered and seasoned
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken you buy in the store has been brined and injected with broth and fats to keep it nice and moist.
    Ever noticed how even the reheated rotisserie chicken breast is still moist. That "moisture" was added.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my guess would be that with rotisserie chicken, its cooked with skin on, and sometimes with a butter or oil. as the chicken cooks, the natural chicken fat melts and gets into the meat..even if you take the skin off before you eat it, it was still cooked in fat, technically
    grilled (im assuming you mean boneless skinless breast) isnt, its just seasoned and cooked, typically