Earpiece for running?

Options
I've been using the apple earphones and they fall out really easily when i start sweating! its really annoying and affects my run because i have to keep putting them back on.

Ive tried the ones that have hooks that go behind your ears, but that doesnt really work for me either.

Anything to recommend? Id really appreciate it!

Thanks(:

Replies

• sansbuda
    sansbuda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can't use the Apple earphones - they fall right out. I use an old Ipod that requires the volume control on the earphones. Sony makes earbuds that stay in & has the volume control. I got them at Target for around $40.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    yurbuds.

Get the cheapest ones, take the silicone part off the actual bud and put it on your apple buds. Enjoy.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Bose IE2. They do not come out, sound great and still allow enough ambient noise through to alert you to noisy hazards like trucks.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats by Dre.

I run with a cap on to keep mine in though.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bose IE2. They do not come out, sound great and still allow enough ambient noise through to alert you to noisy hazards like trucks.

Yes! I will never go without these headphones again! They never fall out!
  • harr3mi
    harr3mi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    yurbuds.

Get the cheapest ones, take the silicone part off the actual bud and put it on your apple buds. Enjoy.

I second this. My current M.O.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sony MDR-AS200/BLU Active Sports Headphones, Blue
    http://amzn.com/B00BN0N0N0

I have these. AMAZING !!!
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats by Dre.

I've used these, and while the sound is better, the build quality is poor (at least on mine). And for the money, I'd rather something that works better, feels better, costs 1/3 of the price, even if it means the sound is slightly less.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been using the apple earphones and they fall out really easily when i start sweating! its really annoying and affects my run because i have to keep putting them back on.

Ive tried the ones that have hooks that go behind your ears, but that doesnt really work for me either.

Anything to recommend? Id really appreciate it!

Thanks(:
    If you get the right kind of hooks, they should work. Some work for me and some don't. I have a pair of I think Sony hooked earbuds that were relatively inexpensive on Amazon that are great. Let me see if I can find them and post a link.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, they're Phillips. My last pair were Sony. They were $2 and lasted three years.

This is what I have now: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Flexible-Headphones-SHS3200-28/dp/B003CJTR82/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1376674295&sr=8-11&keywords=headphones.
  • saraaaas
    saraaaas Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations! will check them out(:
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Yes indeed.

I own all of the following ear buds:
    Sennheiser adidas cx660
    bose IE2
    monster iSport immersions
    beats by dre in ears
    both of the apple variants

I have no experience with the yarbuds but for the price of the high end yarbuds you can get the cheaper bose IE2's so I see no reason to try them

the IE2s win in terms of comfort and durability (I have the non sport version and beat the crap out of them and have had no issues for 2 years) - especially for running they allow a certain amount of ambient noise where as most of the other sport headphones use isolation.

that being said even without isolation the base response and music quality is unparalleled

also these damn things do not come out of your ear - I have used them in a sauna (not shower) - and have sweated copiously in them

You are doing yourself a massive disservice if you purchase anything else, my total honest opinion
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats by Dre.

I've used these, and while the sound is better, the build quality is poor (at least on mine). And for the money, I'd rather something that works better, feels better, costs 1/3 of the price, even if it means the sound is slightly less.

I got mine in China for a whole $10, so......:bigsmile:

Besides these, I think my favorite buds were like $12.
  • Ron_N_Texas
    Ron_N_Texas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago I picked up Koss KSC75 headphones from Office Depot and I've using them on my treadmill runs. Good sound quality, lightweight, they stay in place and don't get wet from sweat because they're not in your ear they're on your ear. They were on sale at the time for $5 ( regular $20). They do not have the coolness factor of "Beats" headphones they definitely will meet your needs especially if you find them on sale. I do not know how long they last because I've only had them a month or so.

Ron
  • BrofessorPHD
    BrofessorPHD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTH220-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B005LKB0IU/ref=sr_sp-btf_title_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1376701754&sr=8-7&keywords=bluetooth+headset

i use these bluetooth for over a year...stays connected good sound battery lasts all week...highly recommend for wireless

also, they are cheap!
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got myself these ones:
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHQ3200-28-ActionFit-Headphones/dp/B00BLG5CSC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1376726639&sr=8-3&keywords=phillips+sports

Best ever, earbuds always fall outta my ears even with the over ear hookie thing as my ears (the hole bit where the bud sits in) is little. (only part of me that is little..... :sad: ) But these Phillips ones have 3 different size caps so you can get the perfect fit and they don't bounce out or fall out!

:bigsmile:
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options

the IE2s win in terms of comfort and durability (I have the non sport version and beat the crap out of them and have had no issues for 2 years) - especially for running they allow a certain amount of ambient noise where as most of the other sport headphones use isolation.

that being said even without isolation the base response and music quality is unparalleled

also these damn things do not come out of your ear - I have used them in a sauna (not shower) - and have sweated copiously in them

You are doing yourself a massive disservice if you purchase anything else, my total honest opinion

I listen to everything from big band jazz to Pink Floydd and Led Zep with these. The mobile version MIE2 is by far the best wired headset with voice so you can crank the tunes and have a clear conversation.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I got myself a pair of Philips earbuds, and I use them when running or cycling. They don't fall off, and I love the button it's got, so I can pause/skip the song playing in my phone if I need to :P
    71z0JhA4c2L._SX385_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE2675BG-28-In-Ear-Earbud/dp/B004JU0E9O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1376804657&sr=8-6&keywords=philips+earbuds