Running socks?

Options
2»

Replies

• whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like my Feetures and Balegas. I was initially impressed by my Thorlos but I shrank them somehow and now they're awful.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I used to wear fancy running socks. Then I started wearing the bright funky low-rise ones Target sells for 1.50 a pair. They're 98%poly 2%spandex and have been working for me as well as any of the more expensive ones I've ever bought.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I used to wear fancy running socks. Then I started wearing the bright funky low-rise ones Target sells for 1.50 a pair. They're 98%poly 2%spandex and have been working for me as well as any of the more expensive ones I've ever bought.

I also use these. They work great :smile:
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I am only up to 3 mile runs and I use cotton. So far I haven't had problems, but it's good to know what to anticipate down the road.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My all-time favorite running sock I use is Balega. They are awesome!
  • Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    I use Nike DriFit socks in the winter, but they tend to get too hot on my feet in the summer despite how much I love their support and moisture-wicking properties. I love them so much that I actually wear them to work, where I'm on my feet for almost all of my 12 hour shift. They help.

However, for summer runs, which are only about 30 mins because I don't like running in the dark but can't stand the heat of the day either and so I run at dusk, I just use whatever thin non-cotton socks I have on hand. I've run holes through lots of pairs of cheap normal socks. I could actually probably benefit from looking at these answers myself, since having support socks for summer would be helpful. Thanks for posting it!
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For long distances I love Drymax maximum protection socks. A little pricey but definitely worth it, no blisters after a 1/2 marathon.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Balega seamless hidden comfort running socks. THE BEST.