what is your favorite yogurt?

Options
I have been eating chiobani vanilla... but I would like something a little leaner.... would love some recommendations on your favs.

Replies

• ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fage Total-whole milk plain greek yogurt. Fills me up and keeps me full for a long time. Just add a palm full or berries or a little drop of honey and cinnamon and it is good to go. You may be scared by the cals per serving but I doubt you could put away a whole cup worth without feeling stuffed. I usually only eat about 1/3-1/4 a serving at a time. Also great for cooking for savory sauces and dips.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love the Danone Danio yogurts. Thick Greek yogurt with a fruit layer... amazing! The blueberry, passionfruit and cherry ones are best!!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Fage Total. Sadly it's also the most expensive.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I make Greek yogurt by draining store brand plain non-fat. For $2.39 I get the same amount as $3.79 of Fage. That's all true Greek yogurt is: drained yogurt.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    skyyyyyyyyr <3 especially skyr.is, siggi's is okay too though.
  • VegeLover
    VegeLover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's fat free organic plain. Tastes more like milk, less like cheese than Greek and fewer calories for the protein gain.

At any rate, watch out for common additives like guar gum and carageenan, "Because of the acknowledged carcinogenic properties of degraded carrageenan in animal models and the cancer-promoting effects of undegraded carrageenan in experimental models, the widespread use of carrageenan in the Western diet should be reconsidered." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1242073/
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos plain Greek yoghurt.
  • Jayne2629
    Options
    President's Choice Greek Yogurt (if you're in Canada) and Iogo.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I was eating fage 2 percent but switched to fage total plain a little more fat, as I dont eat enough and lately ive been craving in the evenings adding the fat seems to help control those cravings.
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    awesome!!! Thank you! I really appreciate y'all taking the time to reply. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I switch all the time. I usually have some plain yogurt to use in recipes and whatnot, but I buy the fruit kind too... Usually store brand (wegmans or trader joe's), or chobani. My favorite are the chobani flips, so much goodness, but hello calories.
  • brianx99
    brianx99 Posts: 30
    Options
    Fage non fat plain greek yogurt...the one you can get at costco is a great deal :)
  • Say_Tia
    Say_Tia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fage Plain Greek, add fresh fruit and honey. Its really good.