Willpower, help

Options
Hi everybody. I have never posted on here and honestly am a little scared of doing so. I know how weight loss works, burn more than you consume and have a deficit and you lose weight. I constantly look at success stories for motivation and I FEEL so motivated; however, I am in a very stressful living situation at the moment and it is hard for me to even have any energy to work out. I look at my diary every day and I realize if I didn't snack (delete the whole snack section of my food log) I would have been in my calorie range, and if I exercised, I would be under. I know why I am not losing anything. I'm just not really sure how to get it going.

I was attending the gym for a while but location and money issues stop me from going there, and because of where I live, I am limited mostly to indoor exercise. I also live with some people who make it hard to exercise around them, so I don't know where to start. I am trying to move to a better place, but it's taking some time, unfortunately. I feel like I am always hungry and I always want to snack because I am always so stressed, and I honestly do not ever feel full for longer than an hour.

Some background on me is that I have hypothyroidism and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I was diagnosed with both of these in 2012, when I shot up to over 200 pounds. My normal weight is 130-140 pounds. I am 5'3" and 24 years old. I am going back to college in less than 2 weeks, and I am so upset that I have to go feeling like I am not even in my own body. I wanted to add that when I went to the gym I went from 218 to 208, so a 10 lb loss, but when I stopped I have gained it all back.

If somebody can help me out and give me some helpful advice, I would really appreciate it. Please do not judge me, as I already know that lately I don't make the right food choices, but I have 0 income at the moment and I am limited on what I can choose for myself.

I am currently on Levothyroxine and Metformin.

Replies

• VegeLover
    VegeLover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh honey you are beautiful right now, especially since you are being good to yourself by reaching for healthy choices. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate (so to speak) and anxiety can sap the motivation from the strongest. Hang in there, you can do this.

As for the best eats on the cheap, reach for vegetarian choices. Save money by using legumes and spend it on luscious fruits and vegetables. So you're a snacker? Go with it. Pack yourself snacks of crisp veges with dips like hummus, salsa, guacamole or spiced yogurt. Try mixing whole nuts with raisins and cinnamon. Your body will hug you.

As for exercises without the commentary, just do tell yourself you can take time for your body for 20 minutes each day. There are wonderful short workout suggestions on this site. It feels so good! Plus, incorporate movement into everything you do. Take the stairs. Try to stand on one leg while in line. Walk everywhere and jog sometimes. Carry a basket at the grocery store. Do isometrics in your chair.

You are so worth it.
  • LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind response! I really appreciate it and I am going to add healthy snacks! You are so sweet and so positive. I'm sure those little suggestions you gave me will help out after doing them enough!