150lbs lost (pic inside)

Options
Last year on 9/5/12 we had a carnival at work and some pictures were posted to our team SharePoint. The picture on the left was the picture that hit me and made me realize just how big I had gotten. Don't get me wrong I knew I was overweight. I never really shied away from pictures it was just when compared to the others in the pictures I wasn't so overshadowing in size. I'm 6’3; my wife is 6'1. I have 8 uncles with the shortest being 6'4 and my brother is 6'0. My wife's brother is 6'6 and her dad is 6'4. So there aren't a lot of small people in my family (my daughter is 13 and already 5'10) so in all of the family pictures I was bigger than everyone else but it didn't really compare to how I felt when seeing this picture. I felt like a big troll that had come to carry my coworker off. Thankfully though this picture was what kicked it into gear for me. I was 489lbs in that picture. There was a Lose Big program starting at my local gym on 1/14/13 and I decided if I could get under 450 by then I would commit to it. On 1/14/13 I weighed 448 joined the program and was introduced to MFP by the nutritionist that was part of the program. Since joining MFP I have lost 110lbs for a total loss of 150 lbs. in almost a year. The picture on the right was taken today with the same coworker.
(edited for spelling)

1yeardifference.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!