5'9" female with 20 lbs to lose needs a weight loss partner

Hi .. I just joined MFP and I'm looking for someone who has similar goals to mine.
I am a 55 year old female. I gained 20 lbs over the past year and I am now 171. I would like to be 150 or a lb or 2 below. I am 5'9" and am hoping I can lose the 20 lbs in a couple of months. Well by xmas for sure! When I'm on track, the weight falls off. It makes me wonder how many calories I'm taking in when I'm not watching what I eat? Part of my weight gain is menopause and some lower disc degeneration. Hence no running for me anymore. I am hoping that with weight loss and strengthening my core that I will be able to run again. Is anyone interested in checking in with me and vice versa to keep each other going?
Glad I found this site...

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    I am 46, mom of 3 and work full time. My goal is 150 as well and I have 8 more to go to get there, but have lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months, so it can be done! I don't have any physical limitations, but have been an avid cyclist on and off and amatuer runner (did one half marathon, but it was painful)!

My main exercise now, is walking. I sometimes do yoga, but am not serious about it. I have realized that the main way for me to control my weight is by logging my food. When I did extreme cycling (training for a 200 mile/one day race or 150 miles and 10K elevation gain in one day ride) I seemed to gain weight. I would be so hungry that I couldn't help myself.

Carbs are NOT my friend, so I have cut out processed sugar and wheat based products. It is helping immensely.

If you need some motivation - feel free to add me as a friend. Good Luck!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    I'm 42 and have 20 to go. I've been doing this since January, and have felt my motivation flagging lately as the weight loss has slowed down. Feel free to add me - I can use (and give) some motivational support !
  • Wholelottashakin
    Wholelottashakin Posts: 6 Member
    HI ... both of you! I hear you re: the carbs and motivation lagging. My problem is getting started. I am on my day 3 of eating well. I don't ever stick with something 100% but I'm usually pretty good. I'm hoping that with losing the 20 lbs and strengthening my core, I can run again, even a little bit. Running is one thing I have always loved to do. This is my first summer, I have not run at all.

Christine, you work and have 3 kids..! wow! you deserve some kind of medal. It's hard to fit it all in as a working mom. Even cooking and planning your meals takes time. It's so much easier to cook up something fatty or high in carbs.. so good for you!

How do I add both of you as friends, so I can check on you?

I'll typo more this evening.. I have some errands to run.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Hi there!

I am 5'9 as well. Want to lose about 15 more pounds but can't get motivated. :( Please feel free to add me, perhaps we can do this together!!!
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    I'm your girl baybeh! 5'9", fully motivated and 20 more lbs to go before goal ;) let's get it!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    im a tad bit younger than most of you, but i got 17 pounds to lose, so add me!
  • Hey all!

I'm willing to join in, I'm 23, 5'9" and have those college pounds I need to get rid of like my loan payments. Let's do this! We can do it! :)