Why are the calorie requirements different for some?

Options
CharityC2182
CharityC2182 Posts: 38 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I noticed they told me to get to my goal I needed 1330 a day before exercise. I'm noticing many on here at 1200..y is that? I'm only looking to lose 5 lbs..could that be? or maybe mine should be 1200 and punched something in wrong...

Replies

• Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Some people set their calorie goals differently from what MFP tells them to do. You can always go back and input your variables again to be sure.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1200 is a very common number because people want to lose weight as fast as possible and 1200 is the lowest MFP will go. 1200 is merely a product of "I want to lose XX pounds per week" ..... it doesn't mean that's a healthy goal..... or even a doable goal.

Fast weight loss & healthy weight loss are not the same thing. There are people here who choose to lose weight more slowly because they want to preserve muscle mass. Losing quickly will sacrifice muscle mass.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Many many reasons. I eat almost 3000 calories a day to lose weight. Some of the factors include your total mass, muscle mass, activity level, and how fast you want to lose.
This discussion has been closed.