Little Victories

Options
harlar
harlar Posts: 19 Member
Hi! I do apologise if there exists a thread like this already but I've been doing some clicking around and haven't come across one.

I wanted to start a thread to celebrate our little victories -- we're not quite there yet, but we're doing small things every day that are adding up to a big success story fit for this forum.

I'll start: today I resisted ice cream from my boyfriend's workplace, even though I went in to pick some up for my mum and her friend. :) It looked (and I hear it was) totally delicious, but I'd exercised and eaten well and I didn't want to ruin my efforts. I felt awesome!

What little victory did you accomplish today?

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I work in a bakery and today we made fresh peach dumplings and I didn't even taste them!!!!
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    Today there was a goodbye party at work for someone who is leaving... a lady brought her famous potato chip cookies. They sound strange, but they are some of the best cookies in the world. And I didn't eat even one. =D
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    A year ago at this time I could not walk more than 1/6 of a mile without getting exhausted, this morning I broke 2 miles.:happy:
  • harlar
    harlar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A year ago at this time I could not walk more than 1/6 of a mile without getting exhausted, this morning I broke 2 miles.:happy:

That's so awesome! :)
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today I went for a 2 mile walk so I could have a cupcake. When I got done I decided I didn't like cupcakes enough to waste all that time on them. I gave it to my neighbor
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Well, I said a few days ago that my goal in June (when I started all of this) was to get back into my most recent pair of jeans by the end of the Summer. I broke the 35 pound mark this week and my last TWO pairs of jeans fit.

As for today, well, I've done nothing much of anything - except be home with a lot of time on my hands and not overeat. I'll take it!
  • SoMDJess
    Options
    Today I got into a pair of shorts that I hadn't been able to wear since the beginning of summer. Proof that even though I'm not seeing change on the scale, my body composition is changing. Keep up the good work folks, it ain't easy.
  • sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Today, when my in-laws were having lunch with us, I turned down dessert. There were both brownies & cake pops offered, but I didn't have either. It really helped that the brownies were burnt & the cake pops had coconut in them, but still... I said no :smile:
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I turned down three slices of cake in two days.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Oh, also - I just realized that I have not missed logging one day since I started....today is day 66. :happy:
  • clbowman91
    Options
    I got into a pair of my favorite sweat pants with my College's name and emblem on them. (: They were tight when I bought them back in January when I was 160 and I'm 171 and they fit better? It's odd. lol. I've only lost 6 lbs but I'm smaller than I was at 160 according to measurements I was taking then.
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My little victory is that I worked out 5 times last week ! I was going to take today off but I'm on such a roll that I decided to work out today too. So two little victories I suppose :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!