Need some new GF-MFP Buddies!

Options
ashannon22
ashannon22 Posts: 10 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey Everyone!

So I've been at this for awhile now and I've had my ups and downs. After surviving a brutal break up, a career change, moving to a new town and trying to get settled, another change has arrived: I can no longer have gluten. As a former carbovore, this is pretty sad news and I could use some motivation of a gluten-free persuasion. I'd love some new friends to help keep me amped up and on the wheat-free wagon.

Thanks in advance for being awesome and helping me reach my goals! I'd be happy to do the same in return! :)

Replies

• bevmdevries
    Options
    Hi, I'm sensitive to wheat also and my son has been off wheat for about 3 years now. He is at last able to reintroduce it now, thanks to a steady use of Aloe Vera juice every day. For both of us it is a wheat problem more than a gluten problem and I've found lots of ways around wheat. Just thought it might help to know that some people recover and can tolerate it again after giving the body a rest.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am strict vegetarian and gluten-free, I have lots of recipes I could offer!

Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me :)
  • jessiefied
    jessiefied Posts: 167
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I can understand how hard non gluten is as my uncle has Celiac. Im trying a non sugar (except fruit) diet myself :)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a coeliac and have ben gluten free over 20 years. There is a great group on here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/129-gluten-free
  • ashannon22
    ashannon22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support and the kind words! :)
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I've been gluten free since 2010. :]
This discussion has been closed.