Hey...

Options
I'm new here and wanted to stop in and say hello :) I am a Mom of 4 boys, and a military wife and now a military mom as well, full time college student and well... fat. I am 5'4', and 240 and i HATE it! Its all in my butt and hips etc... it seems no matter what i do it doesn't go away! I'm trying here before i take the leap to Jenny Craig etc..... I have high stress, take meds that don't help my cause and my mother is morbidly obese! I do not want to end up that way, so i need to do it now.

My husband thinks about losing weight and drops like 10 lbs in a week.... jerk! ( kidding.... sorta )

Anyway, nice to meet you all!!!

Jenn

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    Hey Jenn!

You wont need to leap to Jenny Craig. This site is amazing - supportive and caring people are here to help you all along the way.

You can do this xxx
  • dore0021
    Options
    I agree. This is all you need!!!!
    Track your cals, use the community board receipes and have fun!

Good Luck :-)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I agree with BeeBee ~ I haven't done Jenny but I did Nutrisystem -- I've had way more success just by logging in here every day and being honest about my food. This is a great site with wonderful tools and amazing support from the friends you'll make. Best wishes! xo

P.S. My hubby's the same way when he decides to lose weight. PUNK! :laugh:
  • tennies
    Options
    hello, this site is great, everyone always give you support, we all know that you can do it. the best thing to get you started is to start walking, you may can only go alitlle at a time but build it up a little more each day. i have lost 20 pounds so far have been here a month. nothing is easy, but if you stick to your goal you can achieve it, it takes time. the weight didnt get there overnight and its not going away overnight, but you can lose it, just have to have will power, and we are behind you every step of the way. so get up and get to it.
  • debbie1268
    Options
    this site will help you... I'm also 5'4" and weigh 220lbs... GOING to get down to 135
  • poidoggie
    Options
    Thanks guys ! I hope I can, its hard with food for me... I am very picky........... but have been able to stay just at or under my cal limit. I also quit smoking a few months ago !!!! I gained about 15 lbs .... ugh....

Thanks for the support!

Jenn