zumba xbox ???

Options
Hey just wondered what your thoughts are and if you have seem a difference.. I dnt have time to do gym so I've started doing this for abit when little en playing... And also roughly how many caps get burned in 30 mins.. Thanks I know ita various foe weights and heights

Replies

• emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    sorry, excuse my spelling. I'm on my mobile x
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You can select Zumba as an option in cardio when logging exercise.
  • xfilme
    xfilme Posts: 21
    Options
    Not doing Zumba on the xbox myself, Im doing Just Dance on the PS3. Been doing it under a week. If you want someone to compare progress with, come and say hello. Think Ive lost a pound so far hahaha.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    For 30 min I get just over 200 cal. For me it's the same if I do a Zumba class or at home with the Wii (the Wii tells u that u burn more but I've been using a hrm). I'm 5 3" and 225 lbs
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been doing zumba on my wii for about 3 months now and I have lost 18 pounds and about 7 inches around my waist. it does wonders and definitely works the ab muscles alot. Its hard to start out doing but it gets easier to keep up with the moves. I started doing it for 20 minutes and now I can easily do the hour long sessions. I find it easier then doing ab workouts and just as effective. sorry if there is any mispelling im on my kindle fire.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba wii and love it. It is my fav cardio. I will say that I have to use my HRM while doing it because what it estimates my burn to be is double reality. Just be careful that you don't over estimate what you are burning.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do the dance central games on the xbox and just dance on the wii.
    Like others have said if you half what the xbox/wii tells you it will be around that if you put full effort in!

I think around 20cals a song if you really get into it? Don't we all wish it was higher...

Id love to know where the game devs got those numbers from.

There is a game called wii cheer as well that measures you in 'real' calories, so 1000x what we talk in ie kcals and it seems to be based on a point system, so weird, it said I burnt like 500,000cals from one song .. epic!
  • angiemotto
    angiemotto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I've been doing Zumba as my main exercise due to the amount of calories it burns in the short amount of time. I do about 2 sets of 45 mins each day. It took me a long time to work up to that but each session of 45 mins I burn about 400 to 500 depending on what intensity I feel like doing. It's actually quite fun, I prefer the Xbox to classes because I can stop if I need to or look as silly as I want without feeling uncomfortable lol.