Replies

• lightribbon
    Options
    Nope, but I've been thinking about joining. Is it effective? :smile:

Feel free to add me. *open invite to all* :flowerforyou:
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I was on it many many many times..... wasn't for me. It's not something I can stick to for life.

MFP is something I will be sticking to for life.

MFP = simple I only track calories
    WW = for me I think needs some tweeking and got tired of tracking 4 things

BUT THAT'S JUST ME

Good luck on whichever path you choose :)
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight with weight watchers in jan/2013. I found mfp easier. I have lost 40 pounds since I started.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was on Weight Watchers Online, but I stopped using Weight Watchers to join MFP. I had some success on Weight Watchers, but MFP is better for me.. Plus MFP is free.

Feel free to add me as friend if you would like; can't have enough friends on this journey : )
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers told me to stop lifting weights and building muscle because it was making me gain weight (muscle not fat). I also didn't care for the lack of intelligence among the group; just because a fruit is 0 points doesn't mean it's ok to eat 4x a serving.

They can gso.

MFP is more effective in teaching you how to plan and portion. Also, the support from the community here is far superior imho because they are focused on different ways to live a healthier life style, not some bogus "points" system.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers. It worked. But so does MFP and it's free :-)
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did WW 9 years ago and lost 115lbs. Between being sick and my wife having 2 kids I put about 2\4 of the weight back on. I have been "following" the plan ever since but fell off the wagon. Tried getting back on but it just wasn't motivating me. Found MFP and now I am making progress again and am motivated from the results. I'm down 27lbs as of today and have about 20-30 more to go.